Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Boob not working

My right breast has always produced about twice as much as the left. It's my go to boob, but maybe I have over used it. Last week I think that LO and I passed thrush to one another. My boob was on fire and felt like razor blades were coming through my nipple. We got a Rx from the pedi and it has been better, but DS won't nurse from that side. He starts out just fine but after about a minute he gets frustrated and starts freaking out. When I pull it away I can squeeze milk out so I know it is coming out but can't figure out why he is getting so frustrated. I have to switch to the left. Anyone experience this?

Re: Boob not working

• Options
    Do you have a fast let-down? I had some problems with that for a while. E would start to eat, then just freak out. I would have to hand express or pump until let-down, then try feeding him. It would freak him out when it came out too fast, maybe that's whats going on?
    A woman's life is nine parts mess to one part magic, you'll learn that soon enough...and the parts that look like magic turn out to be the messiest of all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"