May 2011 Moms

My own Nursery Art - Ghibli

I've been feeling very ambitious the past week and I think there's one more thing I want to do before I call it quits.  My nursery theme is various films by Studio Ghibli, a Japanese animation company owned by Disney and I've spent the past week painting various characters from some of the films.  I thought I would share what I've accomplished with you.  ^^<3  (Forgive the flash in a few, I used glossy black so the flash makes a few of them look funny.  Looks great in person, not so great with flash.)

Boh from Spirited Away.

Ponyo and her sisters from.. Ponyo.  :)

Kodoma, a tree spirit from Princess Mononoke

The Catbus from My Neighbor Totoro. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: My own Nursery Art - Ghibli

• Love this! SO many of my students are into Japanese Anime... Great theme!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Vert nice! But the white drawing and the cat scare me a little...
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DH is a giant Ponyo fan, I will have to show him this when he wakes up :-) 
  • your work it great! how did you go about drawing the art on the wall? i am planning on starting my nursery this month and would like to do a mural as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • NO.WAY!!!! I love Miya moves and CATBUS IS MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!! >^..^<

So, when exactly will you be coming over to catbus my place and add a soot sprite??

Great job...really truly!

(btw, did you ever see the children's bed that came out in Japan that was an actual catbus? I remember seeing a photo of it hanging in a comic shop about a doz years ago, but I bet Google would turn up an image)

/over-excitement

• I haven't been able to find much baby ocean stuff for decor so I started painting my own.

We're looking to put our house on the market soon and upgrade to a bigger home so I didn't want to paint directly on the walls.

I opted for 10x10 canvas

I found some cute bathroom rugs online and drew them out by hand on the canvas then painted with acrylic.

I have 1 of the 4 done so far.

seahorseweb by mwhittaker454, on Flickr 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • imageakklotz0810:
    your work it great! how did you go about drawing the art on the wall? i am planning on starting my nursery this month and would like to do a mural as well.

It took FOREVER.  For some I printed the picture out in sections but for the catbus I traced it off of the monitor.  Then I cut out the basic shape and traced, cut a little off and traced, repeat that a bunch of times and eventually I had a pencil sketch of what was going to be on the wall.  I used acrylics to actually get it up there and I think the catbus was my favorite out of all of them, it was also the first one I did.  I have plans to add a Jiji from Kiki's Delivery Service above the window then I think I'll be done.

Thanks for all of the compliments!  I hadn't seen that bed before and now I want it.  o.o<3 

That seahorse is adorable! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • YAY!!!!  I love Ghibli and anime in general.  I love the little mouse from Howl's Moving Castle - too cute!

I'm 25, I refuse to grow up!  I LOVE CARTOONS!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"