Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

LO HATES tummy time... any suggestions?

I make him do it anyway but he gets so mad and starts crying.

We have him do it on the boppy, we have a few different play mats, our bed.... 

Any secrets?

Re: LO HATES tummy time... any suggestions?

• Options
    DS hated it for the longest time. So I started using a round pillow that way he wasn't fully on his stomach, it took awhile for him to like the pillow. Once he got use to the pillow I took it away and now he is a tummy time pro.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Nothing but time worked for us.  DS hated it even more, due to having torticollis.  Just start out in small time increments - a few minutes at a time.  Using the boppy helped us, too...and set a few toys out in front of it for him to reach for.....smile, laugh with him, anything to distract him from being uncomfortable.  Really, though, it was like one day he just decided it didn't bother him anymore.  He was gradually able to go longer stretches...5min, 10 min, and now he can go 15-20 min without a whimper.  Hang in there!  I know it's so hard to listen to them cry when they're doing it :(
    TTC #1 since 6/07, Dx = Ovulatory dysfunction, DOR, and autoimmune issues ~ 4 Clomid cycles, 1 Femara Cycle, 6 Injectible IUI cycles~ 4 Chemical PG's ~ IVF #1 Dec '09 = BFP!! Beta 8dp3dt = 68 10dp3dt = 276 16dp3dt = 1511 ~ First U/S 1/14 = 3 Heartbeats!!! Lost Baby C at 8w5d Emergency Cerclage at 22wks saved our babies lives Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagesescms2004:
    Nothing but time worked for us.  DS hated it even more, due to having torticollis.  Just start out in small time increments - a few minutes at a time.  Using the boppy helped us, too...and set a few toys out in front of it for him to reach for.....smile, laugh with him, anything to distract him from being uncomfortable.  Really, though, it was like one day he just decided it didn't bother him anymore.  He was gradually able to go longer stretches...5min, 10 min, and now he can go 15-20 min without a whimper.  Hang in there!  I know it's so hard to listen to them cry when they're doing it :(

this....good idea my LO hates tumy time even on the boppy...

::runs to get toys to put in front of him::

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Constantly cheering her on, propping up a mirror in front of her, putting a light up toy in front of her.
    imageimage
  • Options
    my daughter HATES tummy time too, she actually gets sick every time I try to let her go longer then 10 minutes. I just alternate her, let her lay on her back on the floor then i'll flip her over until she's not happy anymore and so forth
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I found that Camden likes it better on his changing pad. I would do it a few minutes after every other diaper change and now I can do it on the boppy and couch etc with less fussiness.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"