Parenting after 35

I have a theory

Pedi's inoculate as much  through germ transmission as they do through vaccinations.

Seriously, I can't say for sure that M caught his cold at his 18 month appointment, but I'd say he has come down with something after close to half our appointments. 

Re: I have a theory

• That's why I hate going to the pedi office, I try to hold S the whole time and not let him touch anything especially the toys in the waiting room.  And I am not going to tell you that it's good that Mikey's getting germ exposure now while he's young because it bugs the crap out of me when people say that!  I'd rather he get sick later than now, because when kids are older they can take cold medicine to feel better! I'm right, right?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know that he really does need to be exposed to things, but I'm definitely inclined to agree with you. He's just sooooo miserable. Coughing and snotting, and he's been bugging me to nurse a lot - something he hasn't done since a week after we weaned :(

Anyhoo, you're right. If he was a grown up he could take some Ny Quil and call it a night.

• Loading the player...
  • imagestever:

Pedi's inoculate as much  through germ transmission as they do through vaccinations.

Seriously, I can't say for sure that M caught his cold at his 18 month appointment, but I'd say he has come down with something after close to half our appointments. 

Oh, I totally agree with your theory. The two colds that Sydney have caught have been a day or two after a pedi appointments. And I used to be a nut about her not touching anything. All bets are off now! I don'g know how I will keep her contained now that she is walking. She wants to say hello to everyone and touch everything, 

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's entirely possible, especially if they don't sanitize door handles and toys.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Agreed!

Makes sense to me. Sick people are in doctor's offices (and hospitals).

That is why Robby's surgeon wanted him out of the hospital so quick. There is a high risk of contracting secondary infections (especially with an already compromised immune system). Once Robby passed all the post op tests the Dr. said Robby is safer out of the hospital than in it.

I hope today is a beter day for Mikey. Poor little love. Left Hug

Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"