June 2011 Moms

How do you NOT sleep on your back?

I am so good... I start out on my side, but I continually wake up on my back. What do you do to prevent this? Or do you not worry about it (which has been my course of action this far). 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: How do you NOT sleep on your back?

• I don't really worry about it. I figure if it was an issue, my body would react and I would wake up.

I normally hate the "women have done it for years" phrase, buuuuut, in this case, I think it applies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

And Then There Were Three...
    Married: 08/14/10
    Baby #1 Born: 06/18/11
    June Moms Blog
  • I try to sleep on my side but sometimes do wake up on my back. I've been getting much better lately though.
  • Loading the player...
  • I know this is always my answer, but Snoogle has helped a ton! 

But my dr said back sleeping is fine if it's not hurting me. I used to think I'd never be able to stop sleeping on my stomach, but that stopped being an option when the belly got big! I figure when my body outgrows sleeping on my back, it will stop doing it :) 

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I think it's just something we'll stop doing when it gets uncomfortable. I start on my side and wake up on my back often. So I assume it's because I'm uncomfortable and then I go back on my side. My doctor's nurse didn't seem to think it was a big deal.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I always go to sleep on my side, and wake up on my back.  I have the Snoogle which helps, but I have still woken up on my back a few times.  I asked my dr about it, he said that at this stage my belly is not big enough to hurt anything, by the time it is big enough to hurt, I will be too uncomfortable for my back anyway.
  • I fall asleep on my side and toss and turn from one side to the other to my back etc.  My hips get so sore.  I must be comfortable on my back or I'm sure I wouldn't stay that way.  I am not usually a back sleeper but with my hips getting so sore it's now in the rotation of positions.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have a snoogle and I still always sleep on my back. I position it so it is under one hip so one side is slightly elevated. For some reason this makes me feel like I am not totally back sleeping.
  • I toss all around and try not to worry about it.  My doctor also said you can put a pillow under your butt on one side so that you are sort of on your side, sort of on your back, so if I'm aware that I'm moving to my back, I'll do that.
  • I'm not really worried about it. I'm mostly a side sleeper, but end up on my back a few times a night. My OB said as long as your lower back is not in major pain, you don't have cramping and your breathing is good, things should be fine. I have found using a small pillow (the one I"m using is like 8x10") propped behind my back when I fall asleep on my side helps me to stay somewhat propped if I roll to back. it's actually pretty comfortable that way.
    m/c#1 07/16/08 (11 weeks), m/c#2 10/10/08 (8 weeks). and then nothing since except every test possible (no answers). IUI#1 and #2: BFNs Super lucky to be buddies with Peetie. Our out of nowhere, surprise DD born 5/29/2011
  • Funny someone asked this...last night my husband kept pushing me to my side... "You're not supposed to sleep on yoru back!" Definitely one of the questions I will be asking about at my 20 week appointment! Because side sleeping doesn't seem to be for me (yet).

• I still sleep on my stomach!  It's not uncomfortable yet.... 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would love to sleep on my back once in awhile because it kills my hips to be on my sides all the time but I've noticed that when I do lay on my back in bed, I feel a lot of pressure from my abdomen and if I lay there too long it gets painful. I've always had joint and back problems so I need to find something that will make sleeping more comfortable before I get too much bigger, lol.
  • I have no idea how to not do that but if you figure it out let me know..I have my dr appt today and will be asking her if it's ok.. I used to be a stomach sleeper, now all of a sudden I love laying and sleeping on my back..
  • imageNYBride1125:
    Funny someone asked this...last night my husband kept pushing me to my side... "You're not supposed to sleep on yoru back!" Definitely one of the questions I will be asking about at my 20 week appointment! Because side sleeping doesn't seem to be for me (yet).

My husband is a light sleeper so he wakes me up atleast once a night and tells me to roll over because I end up on my back. I wish he never would have heard the doctor make the comment but it is a little funny to see him so concerned.  

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I always start the night out on my side but end up waking up in the middle of the night on my back.  When I wake up on my back I turn over to my side and go right back to sleep.  I don't really worry about it.
  • I still sleep on my back, and plan on doing it until it gets uncomfortable.
  • I got the Leachco Back N' Body pillow.  It supports your front and back and keeps you from rolling completely on your back. Love it!

Anniversary

• I still sleep on my stomach so long as my Husband decides I can have some of the bed <3

I wake up once in a while on my back, but I do try to rectify the position once I realise I am there. The other thing I do if I am just so uncomfortable on both my sides, I prop myself up a bit and sleep like that on my back.. I'm not sleeping exactly on my back, but I can get better sleep sometimes when I think I am on my back.

Grow. Up.
    RME
  • I am in love with my Snoogle. I typically start on my left, with the snoogle position to hug my back and the bottom to support between my legs.

Then, I usually wake up in the middle of the night and switch to my right, hugging the Snoogle (my favorite).

I swear by it, and my husband can certainly vouch for how well it works. He wants one too! : )

Happy sleeping!

• I'm a die hard side/stomach sleeper but during pregnancy I become a back sleeper. I usually have a pillow under one side which doesn't have me flat on my back and I can sleep comfortably.
    Anniversary
    *photo removed*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"