Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Temping and having to pee

Sorry, I know.......how rude..........I'm new to this room and I'm already starting this post off like this.......my apologies!!

But the truth is, I really am having issues with this whole temping thing first thing in the a.m.  I originally had my alarm set for 7am.  But that DEFINITELY didn't work because I was being woken up by having to pee so much earlier in the a.m.  So then I moved it up to 5am.  That STILL didn't work.  Now I have it at 4:30 in the hopes that I will wake to the alarm, take my temp, THEN go pee.  You see, I have to pee every morning sometime between the hours of 3am-6am.

Does anyone else have this issue?  How do you combat this?  Do you just wait in bed until your designated time is, then temp, then go pee?  OMG, this is stressful!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Temping and having to pee

• Options
    temp, then pee if you wont be getting at least 3hrs of sleep after you get up and pee. just note the time you took your temp.
  • Options
    I think as long as you have 3 hours of sleep it won't make a HUGE difference. In all honesty i have an erratic sleep schedule, and my temping times vary by a few hours, but FF never has a problem detecting O. HTH!
    Married: 9.21.2010
    TTC since: September 2010
    BFP 1/18/2013 - beta #1 - 174
    1/21/2013 beta #2 - 705

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think there's someone here who temps at 2 or 3 in the morning because that's when she's guaranteed to have a block of sleep and be consistent. I'd beat your body to it - set an alarm for 3, temp, then pee if you have to. You'll get used to the sleep schedule and fall right back asleep if you don't have to pee!
  • Options

imagejchanth:
    I think as long as you have 3 hours of sleep it won't make a HUGE difference. In all honesty i have an erratic sleep schedule, and my temping times vary by a few hours, but FF never has a problem detecting O. HTH!

This for me too. I never temp at the same time. I never sleep at the same times due to my work schedule. I just temp after at least 3 hrs of sleep,and I've never had a problem.

• Options

I usually get up to pee and I also don't sleep very well (lots of tossing and turning and waking up). 

I still see a clear temp shift and have not had any problems with temping. 

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I just temp when I wake up (no matter the reason why, be it alarm or bladder) and let FF sort it out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options
    If I wake up earlier than my normal temp time b/c I have to pee, then I take my temp when I first wake up, then I go pee. Even if it is not at my temp time. It's better to do that with 3 hours of solid sleep then to sit in bed awake until your temp time trying to hold it. Once you are awake your temp continues to go up, even if you are just laying in bed. HTH
  • Options

imagereinstone:
    I think there's someone here who temps at 2 or 3 in the morning because that's when she's guaranteed to have a block of sleep and be consistent. I'd beat your body to it - set an alarm for 3, temp, then pee if you have to. You'll get used to the sleep schedule and fall right back asleep if you don't have to pee!

this is a good idea.

my alarm is set for 5 am. If it's a work day, that is when I get up so I stick to that time. I always have to pee once in the middle of the night, no matter what I drink or don't drink.

Usually, it's about 2 am. So that still gives me 3 hours of sleep before getting out of bed. If it won't, and it's my day off, I sleep another 1/2 hour or so.

I find for me, as long as I take my temp between 4-6 am, it's consistant.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options
    Oh wow, ok you guys, you guys are awesome.......so basically what i've gotten from this is that I'm doing ok!  Thanks so much!  I think i've been stressing over this for no reason.  LOL!!
  • Options
    There's someone else who has a pee alarm that goes off at like 2 am and then temps at 6ish. That way she still gets the 3 solid hours but doesn't have to pee.
    Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"