Babies on the Brain

I may need you to pool together some bail money for me

I have a small hole right on my incision.  It started out looking like a bump/pimple, kinda red.  It popped & I'd been keeping a bandaid on it and having DH clean it every night.  He said it had healed but today I noticed that it was open again and had bled.  Now it looks like a hole & I'm afraid it's staph.

If it ends up being staph I may cut someone at that stupid clinic because the bump was there when the Drs (2 different ones!) were finishing up my check-ups on my incision/postpartum.  I'm going to call another OB's office and try to get in ASAP to have them look at it.  I will NEVER go back to the one with the doctors that delivered me so I'm going to try to go back to one I've seen in the past.

So... get the bail money ready because if I find out that I have staph after everything else I went through I'm gonna need it.

TTC #1 - Cycle 29 - BFP!! 03/05/10
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blog BFP Chart Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: I may need you to pool together some bail money for me

• You can share my jail cell.  I'll even let you use the baseball bat when I'm done with it.
  • Ready to go:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Geez Rach, I'm so sorry. I hope it's something really minor. You've had such a rough go so far. I'm pissed for you. 
    imageimageimage
  • I hope it's nothing. I'm so glad you're going somewhere else for care now. I can't even imagine...
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageleslie13510:
    You can share my jail cell.  I'll even let you use the baseball bat when I'm done with it.

I was just going to say that maybe we can get a 2 for 1 between the two of you.

I PRAY that it's not staph! GL!

Warning: Bring Your Own Tissues...
    imageimageimage Sushi Sister to Meg 'n' Eric
    "I love glitterfarts and pregnant unicorns." ~ Tim'sWifey
    "Pregnancy is a beautiful thing, a natural thing, and how dare you degrade it with your yuppie wanna be rapper and his rhymes." ~ Melaneigh
    "Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, and half shut afterwards." Benjamin Franklin
  • Hey Rach,

I know I've been totally MIA off the board for quite a while, but I wanted to let you know that I'm so sorry that you're going through this.  While the two of us had the awesome coincidence of sharing the same name for our little boys, unfortunately we have a similar coincidence in c-section complications.

I've only caught bits and pieces of your story, but I also ended up with an infected incision.  I was told on multiple occasions that it was "just a superficial skin infection."  I felt blown off.  It took me spiking a fever, having the incision open up, and a trip to the ER before someone actually paid attention to what was going on and discovered that I had a hospital-acquired MRSA infection in my incision. 

I had to have the wound cleaned and packed every day - it took 8 weeks to finally close up.  It was just horrible, physically and mentally.  Walking around with an open wound, especially in such a vulnerable place, really takes a toll on your psyche.  Couple that with your feelings of anger and resentment about your care, and it really just drains you.  I'm glad you're fired up - hang on to that energy.  But please really try to find the time to take care of yourself too, Rach! You've been through so much.

PM me if you ever need someone to vent to.  I'm still working through a lot of my feelings about everything myself.  Maybe we can help each other out :) 

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"