Anyone sick and then able to build the supply again? — The Bump
Breastfeeding

Anyone sick and then able to build the supply again?

I've been sick for three weeks now and I think my body finally just said enough. A week ago I had a huge dip in my supply and the next day all I could get was drops out. I keep pumping and hand expressing and putting lo to the breast as much as possible but she's 5mos old now so keeping here on the breast with nothing coming out she gets really frustrated really fast. Needless to say lo is now FF. I'm trying to be ok with it but I'm not ready to be done bfing. Has anyone here been sick and then brought their supply back? I'm thinking of trying fenugreek and blessed thistle again. It didn't work when I was trying to get a boost when I went back to work. I was taking reglan but my dr won't give me another rx. So I'm thinking of buying Dom... But I don't want to Stress myself out about trying to build up my supply again. Sorry for being long. Thanks for reading and any input :-)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone sick and then able to build the supply again?

• Yes happened to me!  Just increase the feeding and your supply should come back, mine did ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What if I can't keep her at the breast though?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Pump after nursing or anytime she gets a bottle, just like in the early days. If you had a good supply before it should return. Hope you are feeling better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Your milk supply is like a garden, the more you work on it the more it blossoms, the more you neglect it will make it wither... you can get back to breastfeeding exclusively! 

http://mother-2-mother.com/supplement.htm#wean 

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/decrease-formula.html

Little Rose is 2 1/2.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards