Are we the only ones... — The Bump
Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Are we the only ones...

that don't really celebrate any of holidays? We never do anything for Valentines Day, we are lucky if we go out to eat for birthdays and anniversaries, and if we get anything for Christmas it is one big thing for both of us. I like it this way. I know once Mathieu gets a little bit earlier older we will do stuff for him of course but other than that, I like the way things are.

Anyone else?

ETA: I meant we don't get each other anything. We do celebrate holidays like Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving.

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
, 💙💙💙💙💙💙

Re: Are we the only ones...

• We are the exact same and we like it that way, too. We are happy just spending time together and I have enough junk in my house. Plus, if I want something, I usually just go get it, no need for gifts. I imagine we won't do a ton for little holidays for DD, but I suppose a little something would be fun.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagenycnola:
    We are the exact same and we like it that way, too. We are happy just spending time together and I have enough junk in my house. Plus, if I want something, I usually just go get it, no need for gifts. I imagine we won't do a ton for little holidays for DD, but I suppose a little something would be fun.

Exactly! I am glad we aren't the only ones. I tried explaining this to my sister and she thought I was crazy.  

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Loading the player...
  • We don't really do anything for birthdays or anniversaries.  Like you, we are lucky if we go out to eat.  I'm certain we didn't do anything last year because all of that stuff hit around the time LO was born. 

Christmas is one small gift.  DH got me a movie, I got him a gift card to a fast food place (sometimes he eats out at lunch at work).  

We haven't gone out for V-day in a long while, but I will get DH something small like a card.  That's all.  

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • I know plenty of people who do that,,,,I'm not one if them but i see the logic. we have b day parties, valentines cards/chocolate/jewels(!!), & my hubs spoils me in every way he knows how for Christmas. fun!!! most of all I love the cards! always sentimental :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes,yes you are. You are the only people ever on the face of this planet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards