Success after IF
Options

Should we find a new pediatrician?

I love LOVE my son's pediatrician. She's been his doctor since he was 5 days old and my husband and I think we lucked out with her. The clinic used to be a 10 minute drive but we recently moved and it's now 30-45 minutes away without traffic. With traffic I'm sure it's close to an hour. Would you switch? I really don't want to but I don't know if it's irresponsible to have my toddler's doctor so far away.

TTC#1=Feb 2009: 50 mg Clomid+Ovidrel shot+Metformin+Dexamethasone+TI=BFP!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2=July 2011: Surprise BFP: Chemical Pregnancy

Re: Should we find a new pediatrician?

• Options

We had a similar situation and stayed for a couple months. When we did eventually switch, it wasn't so much the drive, as the fact that it was REALLY hard to get a human being on the phone at our original pediatrician's office and was frustrating when we were traveling an hour (for example, we went in on a saturday for a sick visit and they said we could come at 1 or 3, and because there was snow and traffic was uncertain, we chose the later appt. When there was no traffic I tried to call and get the earlier appt and no one would answer the phone, I just kept getting the punch system and being told to leave a msg).

Best of luck!

*** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • Options
    We're in the same position since we moved in December. Right now I have no plans to switch. I love their ped - I think he's thorough and attentive - and I love the fact that the phone nurse always calls me back right away and is extremely nice and helpful. Oh - and they have designated "sick" and "well" sides of the entire office, not just the waiting room, which I love. So unless the distance becomes a problem in some way, I'm going to stick with them. I think it's hard to find a doctor/pediatrician that you really like, so if you have one I'd hang on to them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn't have chosen one that was that far away, but if I loved them and they moved I think I would stay.  I would definitely try it out to see how it goes.  Not to sound morbid, but if there is an emergency you would be going to the hospital and not rushing to the doctor's office so I wouldn't be worried about the distance.  If, however, it just becomes too annoying to have to get there in traffic, I would switch.
    TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think I would. 

I was in a similar situation with my OB/GYN and travelling further didn't seem so bad for routine visits and even when I was pregnant, I was able to pretty much schedule the appointments to fit my schedule.

I would much more hesitant to have a 1.5 commute to and from the doctor if I had a sick baby.

Why don't you just stay with the old one and if it becomes a nusiance, you can always ask her to recommend a doctor that is closer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"