Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

What's on your Super Bowl menu?

I need ideas!

We're doing a beef brisket, my mom is bringing over chili, and I'm making brownie bites with raspberry jam and probably a hot chicken wing dip.

What are you making?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What's on your Super Bowl menu?

• Options

1. Buffalo Chicken Dip

2.  Roll Ups

3.  A PACKER victory

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We are also doing some Buffalo chicken cheese dip, cream cheese corn dip, marscapone bars (Giada's recipe from the food network), 7 layer dip, and something in the crockpot I am trying to decide now!

• Options
    just found out a couple of hours ago that we are having a party....so i'll get back to ya on that
    Married 04.23.07
    Hayden born 11.18.07
    BCP - March 08' -Feb. 09, Aug. 09' - Nov. 09'
    TTC #2 since Dec 09'
    10mgProvera :: 50mgClomid :: 75mg Gonal :: 112mg Gonal :: Ovidrel(trigger) :: Femara 2.5 mg
    TTC Blog
    23jpxmt<a href="http://s686.photobucket.com/albums/vv228/adburgett23/?action=view
  • Options
    Pigs in a blanket (MH's fave, although I do them with pizza dough and poppyseeds) buffalo chicken dip, queso, spinach artichoke rolls, and probably swedish meatballs as well. We like picky food that can stay out without much attention!
    After TTC with IR PCOS:
    April 2011: Metformin 1500mg + Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel + Prometrium = BFP!
    Beta #1 at 14DPO: 197 Beta #2 at 18DPO: 1296
    At 40w6d, our Team Green surprise came by unplanned C-section and changed our lives forever!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagePandaManda23:
    just found out a couple of hours ago that we are having a party....so i'll get back to ya on that

Ouch!  Well, hopefully this gives you some ideas :)

• Options

Going to a friends for the Super Bowl.  We are bringing

Guacamole

Buffalo Chicken Quasadillas

Caramel and fudge brownies

• Options
    imagejefa621:

So far:

BBQ'd "butt" sandwiches (pulled pork shoulder butt roast).  DH makes the yummiest BBQ!

I'm going to Trader Joes on Saturday and will just see what strikes me as yummy. 

OMG Trader Joe's has such yummy simple appetizers... I'm hungry.

Married my best friend October 28th, 2005
    Found out we're expecting August 7th, 2013  
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    imagePreggoMeg31:

We are also doing some Buffalo chicken cheese dip, cream cheese corn dip, marscapone bars (Giada's recipe from the food network), 7 layer dip, and something in the crockpot I am trying to decide now!

Recipe please on the cream cheese corn dip?? 

After TTC with IR PCOS:
    April 2011: Metformin 1500mg + Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel + Prometrium = BFP!
    Beta #1 at 14DPO: 197 Beta #2 at 18DPO: 1296
    At 40w6d, our Team Green surprise came by unplanned C-section and changed our lives forever!

• Options

Pulled Pork and Pizza Dip.

This will be my birthday celebration as well so I tried to pull the B-day card and get out of making food but they suckered me by saying mine is the best. 

• Options
    Chili, chili and more chili! Hot dogs and wings from the best place on the planet!! Im sure there will be tons of other unhealthy amazing food but as long as the Packers win it will all be worth it!!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

Football field dip! Make a 5 or 7 layer dip in a rectangle dish, but put the guacamole on top so it looks like a football field. Draw lines with sour cream (squeeze it out the corner of a ziploc baggie), make goal posts with yellow pepper strips, and add slices of black olives as steelers players and yellow cherry tomatoes as packers players. It is yummy and looks adorable. Squeeze lemon juice on the guac so it doesn't turn brown, or just add the guac and toppings right before people come over. Serve with chips (you can tuck them in the sides of the dish so they look like stands on the side of the field.)

Everything else I buy premade and pass off as my own Wink

• Options
    imagereinstone:

imagePandaManda23:

Ouch!  Well, hopefully this gives you some ideas :)

I hope so...DH just said that he's gonna buy a new BBQ grill on Sat.(gotta love tax return) so I guess he makes the meal, I do the app.

Married 04.23.07
    Hayden born 11.18.07
    TTC #2 since Dec 09'
    10mgProvera :: 50mgClomid :: 75mg Gonal :: 112mg Gonal :: Ovidrel(trigger) :: Femara 2.5 mg
    TTC Blog
    23jpxmt<a href="http://s686.photobucket.com/albums/vv228/adburgett23/?action=view
  • Options
    imageMrsDixie:

Football field dip! Make a 5 or 7 layer dip in a rectangle dish, but put the guacamole on top so it looks like a football field. Draw lines with sour cream (squeeze it out the corner of a ziploc baggie), make goal posts with yellow pepper strips, and add slices of black olives as steelers players and yellow cherry tomatoes as packers players. It is yummy and looks adorable. Squeeze lemon juice on the guac so it doesn't turn brown, or just add the guac and toppings right before people come over. Serve with chips (you can tuck them in the sides of the dish so they look like stands on the side of the field.)

very creative.....do you have any other suggestions instead of sour cream....not much of a fan of it

Married 04.23.07
    Hayden born 11.18.07
    TTC #2 since Dec 09'
    TTC Blog
  • Options
    We are getting take-out BBQ, and I'm making bacon-wrapped weenies (DH's favorite, lol). I'll probably get a veggie tray too. We are also celebrating our friends' son's 5th birthday, so I'm going to make a yellow cake with chocolate icing for him.
    imageimageimage

Mother to DD, born sleeping on 9/28/11, and DS, born 3/12/13, 5lbs 13oz, 19in
  • Options
    Chili, chicken tortilla soup, crab dip, mexican layer dip, God have mercy bars, and football cookies (but those will come from Eileen's).
  • Options

imagePandaManda23:

very creative.....do you have any other suggestions instead of sour cream....not much of a fan of it

Thanks, I saw the idea somewhere but have adapted it, so I cannot take full credit! If you want the lines to be white, you could used softened cream cheese or white queso. Or you could have yellow lines with any kind of melted cheese. I usually use whatever I have around the house! Have fun with it!

• Options

MH said that he doesn't want to grill this year because he misses too much of the game, so we are leaving a bunch of things in buffet servers: Quesadillas; Wings ; Mozzarella Sticks; Mini Burger Sliders; jalapeno poppers. Plus we will have pasta salad, regular salad, chips & dip, guacamole, crackers and cheese, etc.

• Options
    can't forget the 7 layer taco dip!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Taco casserole, mini pigs in a blanket, possibly Buffalo chicken dip (LOVE IT!) and possibly a spinach & artichoke dip, but I'd probably be the only one to eat it so that might be bad. lol And DH's family usually gets Hooters wings, I think its because my BIL wants an excuse to go there. To me, the wings are disgusting. I make much better buffalo wings than their greasy nasty excuse for wings. :)
  • Options
    Paula Deen's Cheesiest Chicken Empanadas are a crowd favorite.  YUM!
  • Options

imagemetzy144:
    Chili, chicken tortilla soup, crab dip, mexican layer dip, God have mercy bars, and football cookies (but those will come from Eileen's).

What are those? If it has chocolate in it I must have the recipe. Please. 

• Options
    Sausage queso, wings, chili, hot dogs, veggie tray, football brownies, fruit pizza

Me - 37  DH - 38
    Married - Nov 2002
    DS - born April 2007
    DS - born Feb 2013
    DD - due June 13, 2016

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

we're expecting (at least) 14 people! so far our menu is: 

pulled pork, mac and cheese, chili cheese dip, spinach dip, and meatballs :)

• Options
    imagebabyxmas:

imagemetzy144:

What are those? If it has chocolate in it I must have the recipe. Please. 

Ok so I looked up the recipe and it's Lord have mercy bars, I am struggling tonight lol. I sent you a pm but in case it didn't work here is the recipe:

Lord Have Mercy Bars

Homemade graham cracker crust, topped with sweet & condensed milk...then SMOTHERED in white chocoloate chips, chocoloate chips, butterscotch chocolate chips, peanuts and coconut...then press with a fork and bake at 350 for 25 minutes! DELICIOUS!

I haven't made them yet but my friend posted the recipe on facebook and I thought they sounded amazing.

• Options
    We're doing beer weenies, meatballs, chili cheese dip, and bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm making banana pudding cupcakes and root beer float cupcakes. DH is doing the rest and it will probably be wings, dips, and bbq!
    BabyFruit Ticker

TTC 2.0
    Surprise BFP! Beta#1:37 Beta#2: 97

TTC 1.0
    IUI #1=BFN
    IUI #2=BFP! Beta#1:87 Beta #2:1050
    ~It's a GIRL!~
    Lily born 10/30/12

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."
  • Options

What's this Buffalo Wing Chicken Dip you all speak of?  I think I have an idea and something I've made before.  I need some ideas.  Care to share? 

Thanks in advance!!

• Options
    A list of delicious food choices with enticing photographs
  • Options

Rein - your's sound yummy, making me hungry!  Love brisket...

Since it will be just DH and I this year, we're trying to be good and I found some low-fat super bowl snacks...yuck I know!  We'll do chicken skewers, queso dip, ham/cheese egg roll, and shrimp.  Everyone else's sounds better! Crying

• Options

I was going to post a similar question :)

We're having around 20 people, possibly more.  I think our menu will be - DH's teriyaki wings, shrimp cocktail, veggies & dip, cheese platter, pigs in a blanket, 6 foot grinder/sandwich, tossed salad and a cold pasta salad, maybe tortellini, for those vegetarians!  And a couple different kinds of cupcakes for dessert. 

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options

Pulled pork sandwiches, buffalo chicken dip, and football field cake....I did see someone's Lord have mercy bars...I might try those too.

• Options
    imageadpilove:

What's this Buffalo Wing Chicken Dip you all speak of?  I think I have an idea and something I've made before.  I need some ideas.  Care to share? 

Thanks in advance!!

From the top of my  head...I made it a few weeks ago but don't have my recipe with me right now...

Preheat oven to 350. Mix together 2 cups shredded cooked chicken, 1 bar cream cheese softened, 1 cup blue cheese dressing, 3/4 cup Frank's Red Hot, and 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese. Toss it in a glass baking dish (pie plate works) and bake for about 30 mins. 

I can double check when I get home from work, but I think thats about right :) And we always serve it with Tostito's scoops because it can be a little thick.  

• Options
    imageMrsDixie:

Ok I'm going to make this too! Sounds really good and very cute! thanks for sharing!

History: Dx homozygous MTHRF gene mutation 11/2010 | Dx Mild Hypothyroidism 5/2011 
    Cycle #1 - BFP 1/15/11 ended in cp 1/20/11 | Cycle #6 - BFP 6/24/11 - m/c at 9 weeks 8/1/11 
    Cycle #1 after m/c - BFP 10/2/11 - EDD June 14, 2012 
    Betas at 15 dpo: 331; at 17 dpo: 934 
    Baby E born at 37 weeks on May 23, 2012!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

It's just going to be DH and I so we won't have too much food. 

We'll probably make some wings, and I guess DH will make chili (blech I HATE chili),  I'll make my famous guac and I'm dying to try these jalapeno poppers from PW.  Maybe I'll put together a mini crudite platter to go with the wings. 

ETA: missing word

DS - 7.5
    DD #1 - 6
    ~ mmc 7.11.2018 @ 9w ~
    DD#2 - born 12.24.19

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"