3rd Trimester
Options

registry stalkers

Shower invites have not gone out yet and very few people (only some family and closest friends) have asked where I registered (though it's BRU, so it's not hard to guess!)

Starting this weekend, I have had registry stalkers!  Literally, people (friends, but not close friends and co-workers mostly) have been talking to me and asking questions about my registry.  Some people have even questioned my choices, suggested I add/ delete things and judged me for certain items!  A) these people do not have children of their own for the most part  and B) I never asked for their input or even told them I was registered!!!

Some examples:  "you don't have nearly enough crib sheets, get at least 2 more" ( i registered for 4... is that not enough?)

"Did you know you didn't register for a humidifier? You need one!"  ( i have one!)

"Take that swing off and get the doorway bouncy swing, it's way better"  (we don't really have doorways, pretty open floorplan exept near the bedrooms/ bathroom)

"So I need to know, are you BFing or using formula?" Me: "I plan to BF, why?"  "I noticed you registered for a bottle rack for the dishwasher AND a breast pump. Is that a mistake?"  Me: "ummm, no. I will need to pump when I go back to work, so I will need some bottles too... which will need to be cleaned.... so..?"

Has anyone else experienced this or done this (the stalking and judging)?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: registry stalkers

• Options
    Sounds like my best friend from high school she has no kids and yet has the most opinions. Oh and she bought a pillow thats right a pillow for the new baby as part of the baby shower gift
  • Options
    Yikes!  As far as I know I'm the only one stalking my registries!  I did have my best friend (who is a new mom) look over my Target registry and give me advice, but I haven't had unsolicited advice yet.  Seems a little weird to me that people would want to look at what you registered for if they haven't even been invited to your shower yet!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

YES!!! I've got a TON of e-mails/texts from my "evil stepsister" as I call her who since she had a baby this past April thinks she knows EVERYTHING that I need or don't need & I don't understand her at all. One Example- She told me that baby wash cloths were a waste of money yet I got a e-mail from her today telling me she is shipping me an order from babies r us & on it were all my bath stuff (tub, wash cloths, etc.) 

She doesn't seem to understand that I don't "need" all the items on the registry but I had to put stuff on the registry in hope that everyone does not buy clothes (don't need anymore at all) I HAD to have things for people to buy off of. I already have some items.

Worst of all - just because your baby does not like a swing, bouncy seat, activity gym etc. does NOT mean that my baby will not like it either. That really drives me c-r-a-z-y!! 

• Options

awesome!!! plus I honestly hate the doorway jumperoos. I don't see how that can be safe. What if the child jumps to the side wouldn;t they just bang into the door frame? and who wants to put a hole in the frame to hang it anyway?

tell them that when they ahve children that they can then make the decisions about the registry.

• Options

The person who told you to nix the swing for a doorway bouncer is an idiot. You can't put a newborn in a doorway bouncer. We got one as a gift and didn't use it until about 6 months.

I have gotten by with 2 crib sheets with no issues so your 4 should be plenty!

• Options
    Unfortunately, I was in the opposite position. My shower hostess never told anyone where I was registered, so we got nothing we needed/wanted for the shower and basically just have to buy everything ourselves. Maybe you should count yourself lucky!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Christ, no.  That would drive me nuts.  I'm sure people are judging but they can do so silently.
  • Options
    That's never happened to me, but how obnoxious!
  • Options

imagehmontty:
    Unfortunately, I was in the opposite position. My shower hostess never told anyone where I was registered, so we got nothing we needed/wanted for the shower and basically just have to buy everything ourselves. Maybe you should count yourself lucky!

the funny part is, my hostesses (mom and MIL) forgot to put the registry info in the invitations, and I was a little upset, thinking no one would buy off the registry.  They decided rather than opening all the envelopes to add it, they would mention BRU when people RSVP.  But they haven't yet- the invites are getting mailed today.  I think it's a generation thing- the older women wouldn't stalk me online. It's the coworkers and nosy friends!  But hey- at least they are looking i guess.

• Options

I have registry stalkers but for a different reason...my h and I are both only children but have lots of family that don't have kids so there are LOTS of "honorary" grand parents, aunts, uncles, etc. They ALL want to "buy something big."  My job already had a shower for us, his job is having one soon and they bought 4 "biggish" items. 2 other family members bought the car seat and the high chair but found it cheaper on Amazon, so I just deleted it from my registry when they let me know. My cousin gave me her amazingly awesome stroller, crib and changing table, so those don't need to be bought. We have had 5 calls this week MAD we didn't tell them the registry info FIRST so they could buy something "good" off the registry. I am SUPER appreciative, don't get me wrong, but if they want to spend $100-$200+, just buy a few of the $25-$50 items...we will love them no matter what. UGH! I didn't realize a registry was such a big deal!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"