Eco-Friendly Family
Options

making your own baby food???

Hey Ladies! 

Anyone out there make your own baby food?

Do you make it and store? can you freeze it? How long is it good in the fridge?

TIA TIA TIA!!! 

Taylor Leanne Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Re: making your own baby food???

• Options

check out wholesomebabyfood.com it has lots of useful info.

I make it and freeze in ice cube trays and store in ziplock bags.  i never keep it in the fridge so i couldnt tell you there.  it is so much easier to make it in bulk and freeze it so you are not making it ALL the time. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't have any babies of my own in my arms (we just lost our first) but I'm a nanny for 12-month-old twins, and I made quite a bit of their baby food once they started eating solids.  I've been using the Beaba baby food maker, and it's super super easy to use (it's kind of expensive, though).  You steam the food and then blend it all in the same container.  Once I make it, I put it in ice cube trays, or they also sell trays that look kind of like ice cube trays but are specifically for baby food, and then freeze it.  I usually only keep it in the fridge for about 3 days, but I'm sort of paranoid about food safety.  Hope that helps!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

4 losses: Natural m/c 8w 1/11, CP 12/11, CP 3/12, and our perfectly healthy baby girl Charlotte Grace, missed M/C 5/31/12 at 8w5d
    DX: Endo, heterozygous MTHFR, low progesterone
    Surprise unmedicated BFP 9/21/12!! Beta #1 9/22 (10 DPO) 46 Beta #2 9/24 (12 DPO) 226! Heartbeat 136 bpm at 7w! It's a BOY!  Theodore Joshua born 5/23/13 at 7:36am via c/s, 7lb13oz, 19.25in
    TTC#2 5/14, BFP 8/15/14!  Beta #1 16 (11 DPO), Beta #2 71 (14 DPO) Beta #3 164 (16 DPO) Beta #4 633 (21 DPO) Beta #5 1487 (23 DPO) Heartbeat 121 bpm at 6w6d!  EDD 4/25/15
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wish I would have made my own baby food with my first.  It is so easy!  I just did squash tonight.  I have an electric food mill- pretty much just like a food processor.  I steam the veggies, puree, and pour into a tray similiar to an ice cube tray.  I have 3 different kinds in the freezer right now.  Peas, apples and squash.  They have been lasting about a week. I just take out the cubes in the morning and they thaw by meal time.  Or I microwave for 10 seconds or so.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"