June 2011 Moms

Any tricks to sitting/laying comfortably?

I am having some lower back pain while sitting on the couch and can't find anything to help. I know part of it is pg symptoms, but I have to try relieving some of it. 

As far as night, I haven't found a good sleeping position. I haven't bought one of the maternity cuddle pillows either. (considering it - Which do you recommend?) I seem to wake up twice a night to use the restroom and can't get comfortable when I come back to bed. I've been using a regular pillow between my knees. Hubby's too boney to cuddle with.

Please help! 

DSC_0213 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Any tricks to sitting/laying comfortably?

• This is a major issue for me too. I am only okay laying on my left side. I also go to the chiropractor on a regular basis. THAT is what has helped me the most.
  • i couldn't sleep through the night comfortably pretty early on, like 12 or 13 weeks! I got a snoogle and it has made a huge difference.

And as far as sitting on the couch, I find that sitting up all the way with my legs stretched out onto an ottoman is okay, or I bring my snoogle in and lay sideways to watch tv.  

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • i bought one of the snoogle pillows during my last pregnancy, but honestly it just made things worse for me.  i stuck it out for awhile, but lying with the snoogle was just aggravating my heartburn.  i ended up sleeping in a semi-reclined position toward the bitter, bitter end.  however, this made the hip pain worse...  i'd also love to hear suggestions!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The most comfortable position for me is lying on the couch on my left side with a regular pillow between my knees. In bed its hard to stay on my left side and get comfortable. But if you put your back up against the backside of the couch you really feel supported. Even if you roll back a bit you are still pretty much on your left side.  

My husband teases me that I don't want to sleep with him anymore!

• I am constantly moving around on the couch to keep comfy.  At night, I like my Preggle pillow. It's much smaller than the Snoogle (which I like) and I can still use my regular pillow for my head.  I have also used my old, plain cheap body pillow some nights (it seems to just depend on the night as to what feels the best).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I sit on a pillow in my chair all day at work, with my legs propped up on a box. I sit on the couch with a pillow to supprt my back and tail bone. Sleeping...meh, it's all over the place with billions of pillows everywhere. I also sleep with one of theose neck pillows and so far so good.
  • I have been having that trouble. I got a Boppy Body Pillow and I love it. Sleep has been so much better since we bought it.
  • LOVE my Snoogle. I also wrap it around me while sitting it a chair and it is so much more comfortable! I had pregnant friends that go to specialized chiropractor once a month to keep everything in line. Hope this helps...
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"