1st Trimester

Gush of blood may not be bad!

This morning, I woke up early to take my Zofran an hour before showering.  As soon as I was vertical, I felt a gush in my underwear and a small trickle down my leg.  I figured it was just a large amount of cervical fluid and went the bathroom, when I discovered it was actually quite red.  I hadn't been in any pain, so I was temporarily in shock and went to lay back down for an hour, especially since I couldn't call my doctor until 8 am.  

I had just received my first pap smear last Thursday, and I was told to expect some spotting (not gushing), but I hadn't had any all weekend.  

Anyway, long story short, went to the doctor right away and did an ultrasound, which showed a strong heartbeat (thank goodness!), normal uterine fluids and timely growth.  DH and I had had sex Saturday morning, and the doctor thinks it may have had to do with that.  As of now, everything looks fine and I still have tons of m/s and no pain, so I'm less anxious.  We were ordered to refrain from intercourse for the rest of the trimester and I can't exercise or walk too much. 

I guess this is just a little PSA to stay calm if this happens to you......apparently it could be sex or just the placenta moving a little bit.  So far, so good!   Sadly, now I'll just be nervous to have sex again haha.  

Re: Gush of blood may not be bad!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"