Trying to Get Pregnant

Don't you hate it when your DH tells family about what...

is going on! UGH! I was really upset with my DH tonight.

He told his mom allllll about how we are trying to have a baby!

My DH, and I'm sure many others, does NOT 100% understand what's going with MY/OUR bodies. He told my MIL that 'I had a fertility Dr. now!!'. I went for a freaking pap (and Factor V blood work) I haven't gotten done for over 7 years!

I won't go into specifics but I think it's so rude when your DH talks to their family about YOUR body w/out even talking to you first!

I sent them BOTH an e-mail saying it was  not cool to talk about what's going with my body w/out even discussing with it me first. I sure the *** is gonna hit the fan tonight but boy do I sure feel better about it. and i've finally stopped crying.

My DH really hurt my feelings because he doesn't even ask what's going on but feels free to talk freely to other family members.

M/C #1: Nov 2003, Dx: MTHFR + Factor V, Baby #1: Born Nov 2004, M/C #2: Nov 2006, TTC for baby #2: Since July 2010, IUI #1 w/acupuncture + HCG trigger, no clomid,: Aug 2011

Re: Don't you hate it when your DH tells family about what...

• I absolutely get where you're coming from. Your body, your business. i know he could argue that he's in this too and it's something you're doing together but, it's not his news to share, it's both of yours if you both agree.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Yeah that seems like the mature way to handle it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks. I feel like he tried to vilify me when I'm just trying to educate myself and the fertility process when he just doesn't understand or bothers too. I really need to get off my soap box. :)
    M/C #1: Nov 2003, Dx: MTHFR + Factor V, Baby #1: Born Nov 2004, M/C #2: Nov 2006, TTC for baby #2: Since July 2010, IUI #1 w/acupuncture + HCG trigger, no clomid,: Aug 2011
  • imagecantalopes24:
    Yeah that seems like the mature way to handle it.

I felt like sharing my feelings and letting them know it was not OK to talk about it w/out discussing with me first was mature. I guess I was just supposed to hold it all in and not talk about it? Are you a man?! LOL!

• I dont even want people to know we are TTC let alone specifics. I agree... DH almost slipped up and said something to his parents. I dont want pressure from other people. Are you KU yet...? grr I hate that question!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSept_Bride_2B:

imagecantalopes24:

I felt like sharing my feelings and letting them know it was not OK to talk about it w/out discussing with me first was mature. I guess I was just supposed to hold it all in and not talk about it? Are you man! LOL!

I generally don't email my husband or mother in law when I feel like I need to talk to them about something I think is important. But maybe I'm crazy or something Confused

• imagecantalopes24:
    imageSept_Bride_2B:

imagecantalopes24:

I felt like sharing my feelings and letting them know it was not OK to talk about it w/out discussing with me first was mature. I guess I was just supposed to hold it all in and not talk about it? Are you man! LOL!

I generally don't email my husband or mother in law when I feel like I need to talk to them about something I think is important. But maybe I'm crazy or something Confused

Right because you totally get and understand 100% of our family dynamic's and how best to communicate w/ each other. Roger that!

• do you normally communicate with your husband via the internet?

Communication with your husband, if not the mother in law is really key. No one was judging you, it just seemed odd.

Not to mention you can't read tone of voice, see facial expressions and such and things can really be taken the wrong way via email.

Many times men do things like this not to trample all over you, but because they are excited. Give him the benefit of the doubt. He's probably just excited about becoming a daddy!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My DH doesn't say anything...I have to ask him to share more with his family sometimes, he is so private.

I totally get what you're saying though, if my DH shared MISinformation, it would irritate me even more than when he says nothing at all.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sorry that happened. Sometime men (and MIL's) just need things spelled out clearly for them. As in, DO NOT TELL ANYONE. Hopefully it can stay between the 3 of you now. Good luck!
  • Ok, breath, I know this post was a few hours ago, but I know how you feel!  I completely know how you feel about emailing MIL about feelings....That's the only way we can communicate without interrupting each other or being rude to each other...  So for anybody who is poo-pooing this, try having a nasty MIL and then judge!
  • That would piss me off too. He should talk to you about it first if he wants to tell someone. And he should get the facts straight... Sorry your feelings are hurt. I hope tomorrow is better for you!
    BabyFruit Ticker

TTC 2.0
    Surprise BFP! Beta#1:37 Beta#2: 97

TTC 1.0
    IUI #1=BFN
    IUI #2=BFP! Beta#1:87 Beta #2:1050
    ~It's a GIRL!~
    Lily born 10/30/12

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."
  • imagesiple1am:
    Ok, breath, I know this post was a few hours ago, but I know how you feel!  I completely know how you feel about emailing MIL about feelings....That's the only way we can communicate without interrupting each other or being rude to each other...  So for anybody who is poo-pooing this, try having a nasty MIL and then judge!

OR you could just talk to your husband (not via email) and then have HIM talk to HIS mother.  It's crazy, I know, but it might just work...

And who doesn't have the "do we tell other people?" discussion when they decide to actually TTC?  How does that not come up?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"