Attachment Parenting

I'm going to scream...

the next time someone tells me I *have* to switch over to formula/bottle feeding now that Casey has teeth.  Um, no I don't and it's none of your business how my baby is being fed, thank you very much.  I hear all the time from multiple people. Drives me crazy.
imageimage

Re: I'm going to scream...

• I remember a friend that was so surprised I was still nursing DS when he had four teeth(7 months old). I always thought "do you use your teeth to suck from a straw??".
  • I was lucky in that DD didn't get teeth until 10 days after her first birthday. Everyone kept asking, and would say stuff like "I bet you'll be glad when she does so you can stop nursing!" And I'd always answer 'We plan on going to at least 2."

We've had issues with nursing and teeth because she gets several at once and it tears up my nipples... and I think we're weaning.. but it's definitely not MY choice. 

I hate the assumption that that's the case. I had a nephew who got his first tooth at 2 months (he was FF anyway, but still)! Should I stop nursing a 2 month old because he has a tooth? No thanks. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • That drove me nuts too.  Like pp, DS didn't get teeth until 2 weeks after his first b-day so people were already wondering why I was still nursing.  You need a quirky reply like "I like it rough!"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"