Pregnant after a Loss

pg 3 weeks after m/c?

I had a natural m/c on 1/6..i then had hcg levels checked on 1/15 and it came back "5". They had me come back today to check the levels again b/c they wanted to see it going under 5... it came back 77?! My doctor did not call me to talk about it yet.. I just got a message to tell me the results.. does this definitely mean i'm pregnant or can hcg levels jump around like that after a miscarriage?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: pg 3 weeks after m/c?

• The levels are not "supposed" to go back up. 

I am not sure, but I think it could also mean that there might still be tissue in there.

I think that happened to a girl on these boards. I can't remember her name, but she thought she was pregnant again, but it turned out to be tissue inside causing her levels to rise.

Or you could be pregnant. I guess it depends on the increase in the betas. 

ETA: BethanyReese is her name! 

Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm not sure, but I hope you get some peace of mind soon.  *hugs*
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekathymarie:

The levels are not "supposed" to go back up. 

I am not sure, but I think it could also mean that there might still be tissue in there.

I think that happened to a girl on these boards. I can't remember her name, but she thought she was pregnant again, but it turned out to be tissue inside causing her levels to rise.

Or you could be pregnant. I guess it depends on the increase in the betas. 

This.

Side note: With a beta level of 77, I would guess that you are around 12-15dpo (if it's from PG). Did you have sex about two weeks ago?

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Yes, it's def. possible I am around 12-15 DPO based on when I've had sex. I just didn't know if I should get my hopes up that I'm really pregnant! Hopefully I will find out for sure soon :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"