Single Parents

i dont want to do this anymore

I can't handle what life keeps dealing me. I feel so lost, hurt, angry, and abandoned. I'm in the final days of my pregnancy and I should be the happiest I've ever been but I'm not. Her father keeps lying to me. My mom says she's generally to busy to ever to talk to me. My friends have been all but useless for a while. I just can't deal anymore!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: i dont want to do this anymore

• Girl when that beautiful baby comes, all your worries are going to disappear and everything will fall into place. Even though things might not be going how you imagined, everything will work out. You are going to have a baby soon who's going to love you unconditionally so keep your head up. :) 
  • I'm so sorry you're feeling like this.  You're in a very difficult place right now and it's okay to be sad, but remember it's important for you to take care of yourself and get ready to have that baby.  She is 100% reliant on you and you CAN do this.  Forget about her father, it's all about you and her right now.  Your mom may not realize what a difficult time you are having; hopefully she's better prepared to be supportive when you LO arrives.  But either way, don't let anyone else take this experience away from you.  You're right, you should be happy and excited - you're about to be a mom!  You don't get this time back so try to forget about the crappy parts of the situation and enjoy the best part of it, the impending arrival of your baby girl!

• Loading the player...
  • Focus on your baby and keeping yourself physically healthy. I am in a similar boat, zero supportive friends, few supportive family members, and an ass for a BD. Throwing all my of thoughts into preparing for my baby keeps me going. Having a baby is a happy thing and a gift, don't let anyone ruin that for you! In a few short weeks you will have someone that needs you and loves you very much. Go out and buy yourself (and your LO) something, treat yourself to some sweets, and have a "me" day. Try and stay positive.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't want to sound mean, but based on your last few posts, you may want to talk to  someone about your anger and anxiety.  Having a baby is a very emotional time, and I hate to burst your bubble, but things won't magically get better after the baby is born.  In fact, they get worse for a bit.  Hormonal changes and lack of sleep is a killer on its own, add outside issues and you will need help.  It's OK to ask for help too.  You can talk to your dr and they can direct you where to get help.  I promise it is nothing to be afraid of.  No one is going to thing you are a bad mom, or take away your baby because you ask for help
  • imagefauxshelley:
    I don't want to sound mean, but based on your last few posts, you may want to talk to  someone about your anger and anxiety.  Having a baby is a very emotional time, and I hate to burst your bubble, but things won't magically get better after the baby is born.  In fact, they get worse for a bit.  Hormonal changes and lack of sleep is a killer on its own, add outside issues and you will need help.  It's OK to ask for help too.  You can talk to your dr and they can direct you where to get help.  I promise it is nothing to be afraid of.  No one is going to thing you are a bad mom, or take away your baby because you ask for help

I was thinking the same thing here as fauxshelley.  I think you really need to seek out some sort of professional help.  Your life is going to majorly change.  Definitely talk to your doctor or maybe seek some sort of counseling.  It sounds like this is taking a toll on your and there is a lack of support system.  Please for the sake of your baby seek help.  It will only make you a better mom.  Best of luck...

• Ditto faux and brady.  You really need to find a way to deal with this.  Whether it be through counseling, anti-depressants, yoga, or something else that helps to calm you.  This is happening.  It's your life, like it or not.  You need to figure out a way to remain calm and not let it all get to you quite so much.  You are going to have a nervous breakdown.
  • I agree with the ladies advising you to seek help.  There will be joy and excitement with your new baby, but all of your problems aren't going to magically disappear.  You still have a tough road ahead. 

I'm speaking from very recent first-hand experience.  My little girl is three months old now.  Her father and I broke up while I was pregnant.  We briefly tried to work things out after she was born and we're done now for good.  Even without him in and out of the picture, it was tough being a single mom of a newborn.  I saw a counselor for a majority of my pregnancy and have continued to see her even now.  She's been a savior to me!  I even started taking anti-depressants after I had my DD.  There's a light at the end of the tunnel now.  I've gotten into a routine and life is good.  I still have a rough day here and there but I am SO much better!

Don't give up.  Keep going.  Take one day at a time.  You can do this and you will be okay...it won't be easy but there's absolutely no shame in getting help.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"