Awake time — The Bump
Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Awake time

What do you do with your baby when he's awake?  I feel guilty if I leave him in his swing or bouncy for a while, but I feel like I can't (shouldn't) try to play with him the entire time he's up because he might get over stimulated.  Not only that, but I can't get anything done around the house.  He's 8 weeks old, so he's awake a lot of the day now.  Only has 1 real nap for 3 hours or so then some shorter cat naps. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Awake time

• griffin still sleeps a lot of the day so when he sleeps is when i get the house stuff done so i guess im lucky that way.  when hes awake i do tummy time on a play mat or on the boppy, i walk around or dance with him, i sing or talk to him, i play with him by holding toys above his head, put lotion on him and give his arms and legs a massage... his awake time between feedings usually only lasts 30min-1hr.  then he dozes offf to sleep.

• image xxbabycakesxx:
    griffin still sleeps a lot of the day so when he sleeps is when i get the house stuff done so i guess im lucky that way.  when hes awake i do tummy time on a play mat or on the boppy, i walk around or dance with him, i sing or talk to him, i play with him by holding toys above his head, put lotion on him and give his arms and legs a massage... his awake time between feedings usually only lasts 30min-1hr.  then he dozes offf to sleep.

Thanks, this is what I have been doing too, but Jackson is awake the entire time between feedings at least twice a day.  So that is 6 hours of awake time not including some of the other times he's awake after feeding before he has a short nap.   It is exhausting some days.

• Loading the player...
  • My LO will sometimes stay awake between feedings too!!  He is a cranky baby too so putting him in a swing isn't an option :O)  I do tummy time, the baby gym, and mostly just change his positions around the house.  Nothing lasts for very long!  I think he has ADHD (hahah. j/k) We go all over the house.  I do have a few tricks to free up some time for housework.  I keep the baby gym in the PNP so I can leave him unattended for the 10 minutes that he stays there.  I have been feeding LO in his bouncy seat in the kitchen (on the counter) so that he is content for a few minutes afterward.  I put LO on my bed under the light/ceiling fan to get things done in my bedroom.  Lo will stay content for about 10 mins in his RnP in the bathroom with the fan on...if I need to shower!  I do put LO in his swing to vacuum and he loves the sound and sometimes falls asleep!!!
    image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards