Trouble TTC
Options

XP: Intro

Some of you know me, and you may or may not like me, but I need to really focus on filling my uterus before I run out of eggs and hope. So here I am.

Started TTC in April 2008 at 34 years, almost 35

Diagnostic testing in February 2009 - MFI Dx, 2% morph, recommended IVF w/ ICSI

H had Varicocele ligation in January 2010, increased morph to a whopping 3%

IVF Cycle in November 2010, low response, retrieved 3 eggs, 2 fertilized normally, both grade B and transfered, BFN

WTF appt was positive in the sense that my RE thinks he can load me up on stims to get more eggs out of me with the hope that we have better embryos to choose from.

Started Cycle 38 yesterday, and my mood is in the dumps.

Now I'm trying to figure out what to do next. We can't afford to do another IVF anytime soon, unless we take out a loan/credit. We're hoping for a miracle in the meantime, but that in itself is stupidly optimistic. Yet hope springs eternal.

I guess I'm here because I need to learn more about financing options, as well as support from those who are still in trenches.

So that's me.

Re: XP: Intro

• Options
    Good Luck Dip!
  • Options

Good Luck. It seems tough to go into debt, but Im pretty sure a positive result would be wayyyy worth it.

Like gambling.

I wish the best for you!

Anniversary TTC since Oct 2009
    PCOS
    BFP June 3,2012
    Partial Molar Pregnancy :(
    D&C July 12, 2012
    Forced 6 month break.
    BFP January 13, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi, I know you (sorry dirty lurker).

I know some girls here have done loans or financing, shared cycles or got into trials or studies.

Hope you find your chance soon. There are also talks on DHEA and wheat grass to improve egg quality, but it doesn't seem to be your issue.

Good luck and welcome.

P.S. I stopped counting cycles, pointless. I count years. ::Tear::

TTC since 1/2008
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I hope you find this board helpful.  I know I do.  Smile

Dip I would probably look more into the RE's financing options.  They may surprise you?  I know our office does them but I know you want to stay with your RE.

11/10: IUI #1 =100mg Clomid CD4-8 + pregnyl trigger + IUI = chemical pregnancy
    1/11: IUI #2 = 5mg Femara + trigger + IUI = BFN
    2/11: IUI #3 = injectibles + trigger + IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 April 2011 ER 4/23 w/16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fert., 4 blasts to freeze, 5dt of 2 blasts on 4/28, beta #1 5/7 = 243... beta #2 5/9 = 491....beta #3 5/11 = 1113!!
    my blog

2011-02-04_11-37-12_452
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Thanks ladies!

I did look into my RE's financing options - both are through third party medical financing with APR's starting at 7%. It feels like buying another car, except I might not get my car at the end Tongue Tied Plus when they say payments as low as 1% of the balance, I can only imagine how long that would take me to pay off. Le sigh. But thanks for the welcome!

• Options
    Welcome lady! We are always looking forward to adding more hotties to this board Wink
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Hey there.  I recognize you from my dirty lurking.  Also, a little birdie told me (waves to OCW) that we're from around the same parts:)

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time.  I completely understand that financing IVF feels like a huge gamble, but I think it would be worth the risk.  Easier said than done, right?

Welcome to the board - I hope you find it useful!

• Options
    imageGingham:

Hey there.  I recognize you from my dirty lurking.  Also, a little birdie told me (waves to OCW) that we're from around the same parts:)

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time.  I completely understand that financing IVF feels like a huge gamble, but I think it would be worth the risk.  Easier said than done, right?

Welcome to the board - I hope you find it useful!

Cool - time for a infertile gathering? A meeting of the empty utes? LOL
  • Options
    I lurk over on snarky sometimes, and I read your posts, especially the knitting projects, because I'm also a knitter. :) I can't offer any advice as to IVF or financing, as DH and I don't even know what we're doing anymore, but I just wanted to say welcome, and I hope that you find the support that you need here. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"