Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

*Newbie playdate* Flamefree answers for your questions!

2»

Re: *Newbie playdate* Flamefree answers for your questions!

• Options
    imageKdgTeacher:

imagecmjohnson7:
    I have less than plentiful cm and have a question about green tea.  Does it matter which kind of green tea you drink?  Brewed hot from a tea bag?  Or cold in a bottle?  thanks for your help!  

I think either of those options would be fine.  I tend to brew mine so I can drink decaff

You are such a PW with your double posts tonight!

Wink

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    imageRicola:

imageHoneybee2813:
    I was actually hoping for a playdate. I'm confused about having an anovulatory cycle (I don't think I'm having one I'm just curious about it). So here's my question, for example, if you have AF on CD1 and then get AF 30 days later, how is it possible for you not to ovulate? I thought getting AF would confirm that you did in fact ovulate, although you wouldn't know exactly when you ovulated unless you were temping.

I found this for you (here: https://www.americanpregnancy.org/gettingpregnant/ovulationfaq.htm) :

"Having a period does not necessarily mean that ovulation has taken place. Some women may have what is called an anovulatory cycle, (meaning no ovulation) and can experience some bleeding which is mistaken for a period, but it is actually not a true period. This bleeding is caused by either a buildup in the uterine lining that can no longer sustain itself or by an estrogen level drop. The main way to decipher if ovulation is in fact taking place is by tracking the body temperature."

HTH!

This is SO me! My cycle is 35-50 days and my chart is all over the place with no clear indication of O'ing. I've been charting BBT for a few months now (my actual cycle for 2 years) and not seeing a shift is really about to make me jump off a bridge. :-)  

We got married September 19, 2010 in Clemson, SC!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagetanya&jeffrey:
    I have a Provera question.  I just finished my last (10th) pill this past Wed., and Started spotting yesterday but didn't really need protection till this morning so i consider today CD1 after almost 7 months of no Period.  My Dr. wants me to repeat this every month so my question is when should i take my next set of pills do you think?  Should i start taking them If i don't get my period by CD 30 or do i take it the Same time frame i took them this past month? (which was 1/17-1/26)  I know everyone's cycles are different but i am not getting a period without BC or Provera otherwise. 

I have no personal experience with Provera and don't know the answer to your question. I know we usually say wait until youhit CD 60, but in your case I would ask you doctor, since he knows your medical history and all.

7 months is a long time, I bet you are relieved to be able to start a new cycle!

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options

Thanks for all the insight ladies.

Very insightful :)

No questions here, just feeling a bit frustrated over a crazy temp month (my first). ff said it could't evaluate my chart after I entered todays. But then I realized I may have a slight UI which could affect my temps and I didn't sleep in my bed on friday night , so saturday mornings could be a little different (sleepover w/ some teens I volenteer with)...still a little at a loss. But that's ok :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagetanya&jeffrey:
    I have a Provera question.  I just finished my last (10th) pill this past Wed., and Started spotting yesterday but didn't really need protection till this morning so i consider today CD1 after almost 7 months of no Period.  My Dr. wants me to repeat this every month so my question is when should i take my next set of pills do you think?  Should i start taking them If i don't get my period by CD 30 or do i take it the Same time frame i took them this past month? (which was 1/17-1/26)  I know everyone's cycles are different but i am not getting a period without BC or Provera otherwise. 

I take Provera and usually wait until day 35 to start my new pills.  The reason is because I have tested too early before and had a false negative.  As hard as it is to wait, I like to be sure.

On another note, I'm surprised you have 10 pills.  I only get 7.  I sometimes get my period before I'm done with the pills, sometimes I get it a up to a week later. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    image**Papps**:
    imageRicola:

image**Papps**:
    What do you do when the urge to test early hits? Please help! lol

You make use of that cabinet full of IC's and share the results with your e-friends! Wink

Haha, I don't have any IC :( Only 3 digi's. I plan on testing Thurs to prepare myself for my results!

Ooooh! And it's almost Thursday already! Gosh, I am so excited for you, I can hardly stand it! Thursday morning? What time? I need to be prepared to send you BFP vibes!

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options

OK here's a question for you all sorry if it's TMI:  I'm on CD41.  The longest cycle I had was 36 days but that was right after I went off BC (on BC I did miss two periods but also had really short cycles).  I did get AF Christmas week.  I didn't chart/track anything this month- H started Tx for bladder cancer 1/3 and we can't have unprotected sex for 12 weeks so I figured what was the point (also we were a bit depressed with both the Dx and having to put TTC on hold). I did POAS last week but did it at lunch time.  So should I POAS again in the morning or just assume I didn't O this month.   

P.S. I did pick up TCOYF this weekend and have started reading it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageBitsKD13:

OK here's a question for you all sorry if it's TMI:  I'm on CD41.  The longest cycle I had was 36 days but that was right after I went off BC (on BC I did miss two periods but also had really short cycles).  I did get AF Christmas week.  I didn't chart/track anything this month- H started Tx for bladder cancer 1/3 and we can't have unprotected sex for 12 weeks so I figured what was the point (also we were a bit depressed with both the Dx and having to put TTC on hold). I did POAS last week but did it at lunch time.  So should I POAS again in the morning or just assume I didn't O this month.   

You can't really assume you didn't O, since you realy have no idea if you did or not.  I'd test again at the end of the week, then once a week until you hit CD 60, get your period, or get a + HPT

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks Kdg!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Here's one for you lovely ladies... Not really a question, but more of a chart stalk or an "in your experience" thing...

Will someone please tell me what the eff is up with my body?? 

The 1 month that I take a temping break, my chart/body goes all wonky.

I think that the flu played a part in my O'ing later than normal, but other than that it's like I'm having an out of body experience.

To top off the wonkiness, I had 3 + ICs last week (over 2 days), but now, all they are all -... BUT, AF hasn't came. Not even spotting. My boobs are normally killing me by now and my cramping is more like O pain than widespread period cramps...

I called my Dr. but I haven't received a call back... and she's not the most informative doctor in the world anyway.

If this is out of your expertise, I totally get it. TIA!

TTC since 10/2010
  • Options

Ok, I have a question so I hope it's not too late to jump in!

This is my first month accurately temping (discovered I was a mouth breather my last month)...I noticed that a lot of my pre-O temps are above my coverline. Is that okay? Does that happen to anyone else? I'm nervous that I may not have actually O'd, but I also know I may just be paranoid!

• Options
    image**Papps**:
    imageRicola:
    image**Papps**:
    imageRicola:

image**Papps**:
    What do you do when the urge to test early hits? Please help! lol

You make use of that cabinet full of IC's and share the results with your e-friends! Wink

Haha, I don't have any IC :( Only 3 digi's. I plan on testing Thurs to prepare myself for my results!

Ooooh! And it's almost Thursday already! Gosh, I am so excited for you, I can hardly stand it! Thursday morning? What time? I need to be prepared to send you BFP vibes!

Aw, thanks :) My blood draw is at 830, then I should find out in the afternoon sometime when they call me. Still haven't decided if I should let it go to VM or not!

Why would you let it go to voicemail? So you can listen to it in peace and silence somehwere? I could not do that, I think it would kill me. I'm sure I will tell you many more times before Thursday, but GOOD LUCK!

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    imageBlondie0509:

Here's one for you lovely ladies... Not really a question, but more of a chart stalk or an "in your experience" thing...

Will someone please tell me what the eff is up with my body?? 

The 1 month that I take a temping break, my chart/body goes all wonky.

I think that the flu played a part in my O'ing later than normal, but other than that it's like I'm having an out of body experience.

To top off the wonkiness, I had 3 + ICs last week (over 2 days), but now, all they are all -... BUT, AF hasn't came. Not even spotting. My boobs are normally killing me by now and my cramping is more like O pain than widespread period cramps...

I called my Dr. but I haven't received a call back... and she's not the most informative doctor in the world anyway.

If this is out of your expertise, I totally get it. TIA!

Looking at your previous charts, I see that you are o'ing a little later every month and your LP seems to vary, too. 3 positive HPT's followed by negative ones a couple days later could mean that you had a chemical pregnancy (a very early m/c). I would find a new doctor tomorrow (since you don't seem to like your current one). I don't have any personal experience to share in this case, but maye someone else wants to chime in.

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    imagelittlewinnie15:

This is my first month accurately temping (discovered I was a mouth breather my last month)...I noticed that a lot of my pre-O temps are above my coverline. Is that okay? Does that happen to anyone else? I'm nervous that I may not have actually O'd, but I also know I may just be paranoid!

I see a clear temp shift on your chart and agree with FF. If you check out my July chart, you'll see that I had quite some pre-o temps above the coverline as well. Just happens sometimes, nothing to worry about Smile

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    imageRicola:
    imagelittlewinnie15:

I see a clear temp shift on your chart and agree with FF. If you check out my July chart, you'll see that I had quite some pre-o temps above the coverline as well. Just happens sometimes, nothing to worry about Smile

Thanks so much for the feedback! I've been stressing myself out second guessing everything, so you've definitely helped set my mind at ease :)

• Options

I have noticed that I was O'ing later every cycle and at first before the + tests, I was just assuming that my body was still adjusting to being off BC. Also, I had the flu almost immediately after AF ended, and that lasted about 5 days. Then my 1st ever +OPKs, a little later than normal, but I figured, hey, I just O'ed late because I was sick.

But once I tested + and then 2 days later -, I just got really confused. I don't feel like myself at all.

The problem with finding another doctor is that most that are covered by my insurance are not accepting new patients. The others are a good 30-45 minute drive.

TTC since 10/2010
  • Options
    imagelittlewinnie15:
    imageRicola:
    imagelittlewinnie15:

Thanks so much for the feedback! I've been stressing myself out second guessing everything, so you've definitely helped set my mind at ease :)

No problem! Are you planning on testing some time soon?

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    imageRicola:
    imagelittlewinnie15:
    imageRicola:
    imagelittlewinnie15:

No problem! Are you planning on testing some time soon?

I actually did yesterday and just did have time to record it... BFN.

I'm going away on business tomorrow (pending the horrible weather coming toward the East coast), so I'm going to try to hold out until I get back on Thursday. I'll also be packing the essentials for AF on the trip just in case!

• Options

imagelittlewinnie15:

I actually did yesterday and just did have time to record it... BFN.

I'm going away on business tomorrow (pending the horrible weather coming toward the East coast), so I'm going to try to hold out until I get back on Thursday. I'll also be packing the essentials for AF on the trip just in case!

Sorry about the BFN. I wish you good luck for Thursday!

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    Question for PRESEED users... This is my first month using it and it seemed like I had more EWCM than normal around O and I am wondering if it's all me or the preseed from the previous day? Has anyone else noticed this?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"