Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

*Newbie playdate* Flamefree answers for your questions!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them here. The answers will be guaranteed flame free Smile

As always, I would like to ask everybody who knows an answer and wants to play to chime in. Let's spread the knowledge!

DS born 12/2011
DD born 03/2014

Re: *Newbie playdate* Flamefree answers for your questions!

• Options
    This next cycle (should be any day now) I want to start temping.  I'm a mouth breather so I think I am going temp vaginally.  Do I temp during AF or wait until it is over?  If I temp during AF would I just temp orally those few days or still do it vaginally?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagechloebeth930:
    This next cycle (should be any day now) I want to start temping.  I'm a mouth breather so I think I am going temp vaginally.  Do I temp during AF or wait until it is over?  If I temp during AF would I just temp orally those few days or still do it vaginally?

You don't have to temp during AF. Just start right after it's over.

GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
    BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
    BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
    BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options

I'm currently 5 DPO (possibly) I was confident I O'd but got a little doubtful when I looked at my temp spike (or lack there of, it was pretty slight) so now I really don't know 100% if I am 5 DPO or not.

Anyway, I KNOW I'm coming down with a cold. My chest is heavy and I have a fever. I need to take something and I was thinking Buckley's (ew but damn it works). I guess my question is, is it alright to be taking something so strong (such as Buckley's) in the 2 week window? I know they say "Drink till it's pink" but I wasn't sure if that same rule applies to cough meds and advil/tylenol.

• Options

imagechloebeth930:

I temp orally and still don't temp during AF, it's actually nice to have a little break in between. Smile

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    okay I have a CM question. After Oing what kind of CM is normal? I am 3dpo and I still have a ridiculous amount of CM, is it too early to be considered a possible prego sign?
  • Options
    I was actually hoping for a playdate. I'm confused about having an anovulatory cycle (I don't think I'm having one I'm just curious about it). So here's my question, for example, if you have AF on CD1 and then get AF 30 days later, how is it possible for you not to ovulate? I thought getting AF would confirm that you did in fact ovulate, although you wouldn't know exactly when you ovulated unless you were temping.
  • Options

This one might be dumb, but here it goes: FF shows that chart where it rates your chances of conceiving based on your timing. Why would 0+1 even be applicable since that would mean you've already O'd?

ETA: spelling

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Which is more likely--a delayed thermal shift after ovulation or a luteal phase that suddenly goes from 11-12 days to 6? I've been charting for 6 cycles (with pencil & paper for 4, then FF for the most recent 2) and my LP has always been 11 or 12 days. Based on the amount of spotting I'm seeing today, though, this LP will only be 6 days. I'm wondering if my LP really cut itself in half, or if maybe I O'd before FF says, but my temp didn't go up right away. The only reason I think it may be the 2nd option is because my CM was completely dry on the day that FF says I O'd (and almost completely dry the day before). So what's your vote?

Married 5/16/2010.
    Began TTC 12/1/2010.
    BFP #1: 2/2/11. EDD 10/11/11. Chemical Pregnancy 2/5/11.
    Dx PCOS 7/2011. Dx "Unexplained Infertility" 10/2011.
    BFP #2: 12/4/11. EDD 8/14/11. Missed Miscarriage found 1/11/12.
    BFP #3: 3/31/12. EDD 12/8/12. Carter Evan born 11/24/12.
  • Options
    My question is mostly rhetorical and asked out of complete frustration but... What the HECK is wrong with my chart?!?! I am SO ready to ovulate, I just wish my ovaries would jump on board. I take my temp with a brand new BBT at the exact same time every morning, and follow all the rules like a good little FF charter. I got really excited a couple of days ago because I thought that was it but nope! And the OPKs just keep getting more faint...

*sigh*

Thanks for the post though Ricola! If I had some actual questions I would definitely ask them here :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married 7/24/10
    T TTC 8/10, DX PCOS 9/10
    Miracle BFP during meds break 12/11/11
    Henry Robert born 8/26/12!
  • Options
    imageKSquish9199:

I'm currently 5 DPO (possibly) I was confident I O'd but got a little doubtful when I looked at my temp spike (or lack there of, it was pretty slight) so now I really don't know 100% if I am 5 DPO or not.

Anyway, I KNOW I'm coming down with a cold. My chest is heavy and I have a fever. I need to take something and I was thinking Buckley's (ew but damn it works). I guess my question is, is it alright to be taking something so strong (such as Buckley's) in the 2 week window? I know they say "Drink till it's pink" but I wasn't sure if that same rule applies to cough meds and advil/tylenol.

Hmm, I see why you are not sure, that's not really a very clear temp shift.

I haven't hear of Buckley's, but googled it and found this: "During pregnancy, this medication should be used only when clearly needed." here: https://www.drug3k.com/drug/Buckley_s_Mixture-21676.htm

I usually take Tylenol instead of Advil/Ibuprofen in the 2ww, just in case. I hope you feel better soon!

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options

imagePuddlezzz:
    okay I have a CM question. After Oing what kind of CM is normal? I am 3dpo and I still have a ridiculous amount of CM, is it too early to be considered a possible prego sign?

What type of CM do you have? I always have creamy CM after O, and occasionally egg white or watery. It could be a pregnancy symptom but it never has been for me.

• Options
    imageelandric:

This one might be dumb, but here it goes: FF shows that chart where it rates your chances of conceiving based on your timing. Why would 0+1 even be applicable since that would mean you've already O'd?

Because the egg can live for up to 24 hours, and there's no way to know the exact time that you O'd, so theoretically, you could still end up pregnant if you have sex within 24 hours of ovulation, even though it was technically the next day.

Married 5/16/2010.
    Began TTC 12/1/2010.
    BFP #1: 2/2/11. EDD 10/11/11. Chemical Pregnancy 2/5/11.
    Dx PCOS 7/2011. Dx "Unexplained Infertility" 10/2011.
    BFP #2: 12/4/11. EDD 8/14/11. Missed Miscarriage found 1/11/12.
    BFP #3: 3/31/12. EDD 12/8/12. Carter Evan born 11/24/12.
  • Options
    imagePenguinM:
    My question is mostly rhetorical and asked out of complete frustration but... What the HECK is wrong with my chart?!?! I am SO ready to ovulate, I just wish my ovaries would jump on board. I take my temp with a brand new BBT at the exact same time every morning, and follow all the rules like a good little FF charter. I got really excited a couple of days ago because I thought that was it but nope! And the OPKs just keep getting more faint...

*sigh*

Thanks for the post though Ricola! If I had some actual questions I would definitely ask them here :)

There is nothing wrong with your chart.  It is not abnormal at all to O later on in your cycle.  I don't O till CD 18/19.  Relax and give your body another few days

• Options

imagePuddlezzz:

yes, way too early

most people dry up and/or have creamy CM after O

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

imagePuddlezzz:

I mostly have sticky or no CM after ovulation, sometimes EWCM or watery though. You can really have any type of CM at any time during your cycle. FF says: "In the most common pattern, cervical fluid starts out dry after your period and then gets sticky, then creamy, then wet and watery, becoming most like eggwhite as you get closer to ovulation."

3 DPO is too soon to take it as a sign of pregnancy.

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    imagemichaela080:

imagePuddlezzz:

What type of CM do you have? I always have creamy CM after O, and occasionally egg white or watery. It could be a pregnancy symptom but it never has been for me.

3DPO is early. I had watery then creamy after O.

• Options
    imageelandric:

Day After Ovulation: For the sake of completeness we have included the day after ovulation data. The probability of conception on this day is very small. Because data is entered once a day, the ovulation day is only estimated within a one day accuracy which could make the day after ovulation more relevant than theoretically determined. 

-FF

• Options

imagePuddlezzz:

You can ahve any type of CM at any point in your cycle.  Most go to creamy or nothing.  At 3 DPO yes, it is way too early for it to be a sign of pregnancy

• Options
    imagemichaela080:

imagePuddlezzz:

Its creamy. Thanks for your info. I was just a little confused because I'm usually dry b4 my Period but I also haven't Od in 3 months.

• Options
    imageelandric:

FF isn't 100% accurate.  It is just to cover your bases if you O later in the day or the next day

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

I have never temped/charted before but I decided I am going to start next cycle, if I get AF (and I'm guessing since I could kill for chocolate right now, it"ll be soon, I don't normally even think about chocolate). How many cycles do you need to be doing it to kinda get a feel for your chart? Do you need a few cycles of charts to figure it out? I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm tring to how to type what I'm thinking..

also.. stupid question.. how do you get pictures on your posts? lol

• Options

imageHoneybee2813:
    I was actually hoping for a playdate. I'm confused about having an anovulatory cycle (I don't think I'm having one I'm just curious about it). So here's my question, for example, if you have AF on CD1 and then get AF 30 days later, how is it possible for you not to ovulate? I thought getting AF would confirm that you did in fact ovulate, although you wouldn't know exactly when you ovulated unless you were temping.

I found this for you (here: https://www.americanpregnancy.org/gettingpregnant/ovulationfaq.htm) :

"Having a period does not necessarily mean that ovulation has taken place. Some women may have what is called an anovulatory cycle, (meaning no ovulation) and can experience some bleeding which is mistaken for a period, but it is actually not a true period. This bleeding is caused by either a buildup in the uterine lining that can no longer sustain itself or by an estrogen level drop. The main way to decipher if ovulation is in fact taking place is by tracking the body temperature."

HTH!

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    imageelandric:

Sometimes, if the egg is released late in the day, it could be possible to conceive the next morning/afternoon.  An egg is good for 12-24 hours.  It's always good to, when in doubt, hump it out!

• Options
    imageangbates7:

I have never temped/charted before but I decided I am going to start next cycle, if I get AF (and I'm guessing since I could kill for chocolate right now, it"ll be soon, I don't normally even think about chocolate). How many cycles do you need to be doing it to kinda get a feel for your chart? Do you need a few cycles of charts to figure it out? I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm tring to how to type what I'm thinking..

also.. stupid question.. how do you get pictures on your posts? lol

My guidance is it's never too late to start charting.  It typically takes 1-3 to get a feel for what your body is doing, but everyone is different.

Click your picture, that will take you to your profile settings.  Click Edit my Avatar, and you can edit your pic and sig there :)

• Options
    imagePenguinM:

*sigh*

No problem Smile

Don't stress yourslef out yet, you still have pleanty of time to ovulate! If you look at my charts, you'll see that my o date ranges from CD 17 to CD 26! Just keep having fun! Wink

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    Thanks Ricola!
  • Options

imageonesandtwos:
    Which is more likely--a delayed thermal shift after ovulation or a luteal phase that suddenly goes from 11-12 days to 6? I've been charting for 6 cycles (with pencil & paper for 4, then FF for the most recent 2) and my LP has always been 11 or 12 days. Based on the amount of spotting I'm seeing today, though, this LP will only be 6 days. I'm wondering if my LP really cut itself in half, or if maybe I O'd before FF says, but my temp didn't go up right away. The only reason I think it may be the 2nd option is because my CM was completely dry on the day that FF says I O'd (and almost completely dry the day before). So what's your vote?

Unfortunately our cycles sometimes just act up and throw an unpleasant surprise in there for us. I looked at your chart and would agree with FF regarding your o date. Usually the LP is about the same length each cycle and going from 12 to 6 dyas is extreme. I'd keep an eye on it and if it happens again, call your doctor. I hope AF stays away for a little longer!

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    Thanks jalara, makes sense for OPK's. I guess I assumed that the temp shift occurs when the egg is completly gone.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks!  I appreciate your advice!! Smile
  • Options

imageHoneybee2813:
    Thanks Ricola!

No problem!

Thanks to all the ladies that help with the answers!!!

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    I'll play! I did research on shortened LP after BCPs, and I have found that that is a normal sign of coming off BCPs. My question is, how many cycle does it take to get back to a normal LP? I'm hoping I don't have a problem with a short LP. My first couple of cycles off BCPs have been 5 days and 7 days. I'm on 8dpo today, which has been the longest so far. Any thoughts based on my charts? Thanks for the guidance and knowledge in advance!
  • Options

imagesamlynntodd:
    I'll play! I did research on shortened LP after BCPs, and I have found that that is a normal sign of coming off BCPs. My question is, how many cycle does it take to get back to a normal LP? I'm hoping I don't have a problem with a short LP. My first couple of cycles off BCPs have been 5 days and 7 days. I'm on 8dpo today, which has been the longest so far. Any thoughts based on my charts? Thanks for the guidance and knowledge in advance!

That varies for everyone.  My first few coming off BC were anywhere from 5 to 18 days.  I started evening out after maybe 5-7 months.  I've been off of BC for 13 months now and I'm averaging 11-12 days

• Options

imagesamlynntodd:

That varies for everyone.  My first few coming off BC were anywhere from 5 to 18 days.  I started evening out after maybe 5-7 months.  I've been off of BC for 13 months now and I'm averaging 11-12 days

• Options

image**Papps**:
    What do you do when the urge to test early hits? Please help! lol

Pee on a piece of cardboard.  If you get two lines, I want to pee on that cardboard too!

• Options
    I have less than plentiful cm and have a question about green tea.  Does it matter which kind of green tea you drink?  Brewed hot from a tea bag?  Or cold in a bottle?  thanks for your help!  
  • Options

imagecmjohnson7:
    I have less than plentiful cm and have a question about green tea.  Does it matter which kind of green tea you drink?  Brewed hot from a tea bag?  Or cold in a bottle?  thanks for your help!  

I think either of those options would be fine.  I tend to brew mine so I can drink decaff

• Options

imagecmjohnson7:

I think either of those options would be fine.  I tend to brew mine so I can drink decaff

• Options
    I have a Provera question.  I just finished my last (10th) pill this past Wed., and Started spotting yesterday but didn't really need protection till this morning so i consider today CD1 after almost 7 months of no Period.  My Dr. wants me to repeat this every month so my question is when should i take my next set of pills do you think?  Should i start taking them If i don't get my period by CD 30 or do i take it the Same time frame i took them this past month? (which was 1/17-1/26)  I know everyone's cycles are different but i am not getting a period without BC or Provera otherwise. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options

image**Papps**:
    What do you do when the urge to test early hits? Please help! lol

You make use of that cabinet full of IC's and share the results with your e-friends! Wink

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"