Babies: 6 - 9 Months

What do you give LO for a snack?

For LOs who have worked up to '3 meals and 2 snacks' - what do you consider a snack? Just curious about amount of food to offer and looking for ideas. I make her food - so far we have done a bit of fruit, yogurt or the like. Really, just a smaller amount compared to the amount she gets at a 'meal'.   DD is a good eater, 4 tablespoons of cereal (plus milk) and about 4 ounces of food for breakfast and dinner.  We're adding lunch and snacks these days....when I can squeeze them into her day between naps and nursing.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What do you give LO for a snack?

• DD and I usually split a banana for a snack.  I feed her till she shows signs that she is done and then I have the rest.  She eats anywhere from ~1 Tbsp to 1/3 of the banana.
  • I don't have scheduled snacks in, but if I'm snacking, he wants to be snacking too.  I'll give him crackers, those Wagon Wheel things (I think they're gerber brand), banana, the other day he had a bit of a muffin I was eating.  Pretty much anything that I don't think he'd choke on.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've just started giving her some snacks.  So far she loves blueberries and raspberries in her mesh feeder.  I give her some puffs too, but that's mostly for her coordination since she's not very good at getting small things in her mouth yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"