Pregnant after a Loss

Painful, awful gas... help!

For the past couple of days I've had extremely painful gas (I know it's gas, not any other kind of cramping - I'm sure about this).  It's so bad that I've been doubled over at times, squirming in my chair, and last night it woke me from a sound sleep and kept me up for a couple hours.

I didn't deal with this when I was pregnant with DS, I've got no clue how to prevent this or fix it when it happens.  Any ideas?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage

Re: Painful, awful gas... help!

• Suprisingly, Tums helps my gas a lot. I also make sure to "work my legs" like we did with DD when she was a baby. (Lay on your back and pretend to be pushing off a wall with your feet.) I hope it goes away soon!
    "Momma! She's doing it again!!" Photobucket
  • Ha, I lay in bed last night on my back and totally bicycled my legs - remembering that we did that for DS when he was tiny.  It did help a little!

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • If you're still able to do it, the teenager on the phone position (lie on your stomach with your head in your hands and your feet up) can be really helpful at moving it down far enough to expel.  I also started eliminating certain things from my diet to figure out what was really getting me the worst so I could avoid it!
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Laying on my tummy used to help but now itvis becoming more difficult. I hope u feel better
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"