Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Question for those who tested positive for HPV and/or had abnormal pap.

So my procedure is tomorrow (if all goes well with the weather, we are expecting tons of ice) and I am nervous. I am getting a colpo and biopsy. My DH took off so I do not have to bring my 3 year old with me.

What kind of questions should I ask in regards to the procedure and virus? I am at a loss...and will it hurt?

Also I did a lot of damage reading about it on line. If you test positive for high risk HPV, is any of that linked to genital warts? I guess I am asking if since I tested positive whether this is at all linked to genital warts....so many thoughts going through my mind right now....ugh.

Hopefully when all this is said and done, and I am healthy I will be back to TTC again...TIA...I am scared.  

Photobucket BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: Question for those who tested positive for HPV and/or had abnormal pap.

• Options
    It's nothing to be scared about I had that don't about 3 years ago. It's not really painful you might feel some cramping but just take a couple advil before you go and you will be fine. As far as I know or can remember there are three levle of hpv the biopsy will give them a better idea of what level you are at. As far as the warts I never had them I guess again it just depends of what kind/ level you have. Good luck!
    1064-1 bouncebounce Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since June 2009 BFP April 2010 .. miscarriage May 2011 BFP March 25th 2011 Ryan Michael was born 11/30/11 6lbs 0.4 oz 18 inches long!!!
  • Options
    I had abnormal cells like 9 years ago and had a coloposcopy done. It was quick. Hurt a little and crampy for like an hour after. No big deal really. GL and stop googling!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is my understanding that high risk has the potential to be cancerous. The low risk causes warts. I hope things go well. Remember that most hpv will go away on it's own.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagelynn0926:
    I had abnormal cells like 9 years ago and had a coloposcopy done. It was quick. Hurt a little and crampy for like an hour after. No big deal really. GL and stop googling!

Lol my best friend told me the same thing...so I will listen and stop! 

• Options

imagerepen:
    It is my understanding that high risk has the potential to be cancerous. The low risk causes warts. I hope things go well. Remember that most hpv will go away on it's own.

I heard that when you are past age 30 it is harder to get rid of...I am a month away from being 30, which sucks on so many levels lol 

• Options

I've had about 6 colpos done, I know how you feel about going in for the first one. I was scared to death!

I don't know about high risk HPV, I think I had the low risk one, so I can't help you with that question!

The biopsy is uncomfortable more than anything...it doesn't really hurt anymore than an uncomfortable pap. I did however have some uber bad cramping afterwards, so take the rest of the day off if you can. 

Good luck, and I know it's hard, but try not to worry yourself sick over it! (Everyone told me that and I just wanted to punch them lol) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

The day that I had my procedure done I had some cramping and chunky gross discharge (be sure to have panty liners). ?The next day I was fine.

I've never heard of it linked to genital warts.

Good luck!?

TTC #1 since 09/10
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    5/17/11 SA- count 38 mil, low motility, traces of white blood cells (2 weeks antibiotics)
    6/16/11 SA- count 23 mil, low motility, referred to urologist
    dx varicocele
    DH ultrasound
    6/27/11 SA- count 101 mil, 36% motility, 5% morphology
    IUI #1 50 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 7/27/11 & 7/28/11 = BFN
    IUI #2 100 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 8/25/11 & 8/26/11= BFN
    IVF #1(Ganirelix, Follistim, Menopur) ER 11/16/11,ET 11/21/11= BFP 11/29
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagerepen:

This is my understanding as well. I was diagnosed with the low risk kind in the past (which is associated with warts but doesn't show up in everyone). I guess there are hundreds of strains of HPV and I think only 2 of them are associated with warts. If you don't have one of them you are in the clear! When I was diagnosed my doc told me 80% of women have a strain of HPV within their lifetime. A lot of women have it and don't know because it can be dormant for years.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I had these procedures done and have been completely fine for the last 3 years.  I know it's kind of scary.  I agree with the comment that it's only slightly worse than a pap.  You will be just fine!  Feel better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"