Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Anyone's DH/SO travel a lot?

My DH is gone for about 7-8 days a month. Anyone else's DH/SO travel a lot? He used to be on a submarine and would be gone constantly (he was gone 6 months of my pregnancy), but that was before DS was born. Now he has shore duty and travels for work to conferences and meetings and things. What kinds of things do you do to keep busy with LO while DH is away?
Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

Re: Anyone's DH/SO travel a lot?

• MH is gone every third day. I try to keep our days pretty routine so that nothing seems too overwhelming (I have one of those hard babies, lol). We try and get out and go for a walk and an outing to break up the day too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DH is Coast Guard so he is gone anywhere from 5-10 days a month.

DD is in daycare so I only get a few hours with her during the day but on the weekends I like to go to the mall since we can walk around and shop, eat lunch and pass the time. We live in a small town so there isn't much to do around here especially since its in the 30s. Our mall is an hour away.

• Loading the player...
  • DH travels a lot for work.  I dont really do anything differently because Daddy doesnt usually get home until dinner time anyway (sometimes even after) so it really does not make any difference in our day.  Only different thing is that I then have to put DS1 to bed (I usually put down DS2 and DH usually puts down DS1).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine does.  he is gone about 3-4 days per week, every week.  It sucks a lot, but we are grateful he has a job and makes enough for me to stay home.  Its so hard b/c I get no break at all.  all of our family lives across the country.  luckily the days do go by fast.  we run errands,  i am in 2 moms groups that meet weekly.  If i am going real crazy, we just go to the mall and walk around and eat lunch in the foodcourt.  Luckily I have a decent amount of friends with babies who stay home, so we try and make plans frequently.  At night, its mostly just me and a good movie that i know DH would never watch. 

I hope that it will change soon and we can have a normal routine...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"