Multiples

circus freak

Before today, I have never taken the boys out besides to the dr office because they are preemies. Usually some people will say something to me about the twins there, but I don't notice every person staring at me.

Today, i absolutely *had* to go to Walmart. We are getting a blizzard here starting tonight and I was running out of formula. DH plows so he is already on the job just waiting to start.

It was so weird to have everybody stare at me! I felt like a circus freak or something....like I was the bearded lady or had 5 arms or something lol I mean, almost every person that I walked past would just stare at me as I walked past them with the boys. A couple people said "Twins? or "Two of them?" I would just say yep!, smile, and keep walking. The smartass in me really wanted to say "No way, there's not two. It's an illusion" Stick out tongue

I feel like I'm joining the "MoM club" more and more, especially with this experience. Such a weird thing to go through, but I'm loving it Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: circus freak

• I know..it's werid isn't it!  I used to HATE going to Target because I would get stopped so many times when the girls were little (like 8 or 9 weeks) and I needed to cruise through because they were sleeping! 
    Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • It is a weird feeling.  I was used to getting stared at when I was waddling through the aisles as a humungo pregnant lady, but then pushing a DNSG through the aisles gives people more of an opportunity to strike up a conversation with you.  Haha, wait until you take them out to a restaraunt the first time--people will keep looking at you the whole time.  It's pretty entertaining.
  • Loading the player...
  • If I ever have to go to the grocery store by myself with both boys (which I try not to do if I can), I have to push the stroller and pull a cart behind me. I always tell my husband that I don't like to do it not only because it can obviously be challenging but also because I feel like a zoo animal because everyone just stares at me.  You do get more used to it as time goes on but it's still weird to me sometimes.  I agree with the PP, wait until you go out to a restaurant.  People will just keep talking to you (heaven help you if you get a talkative person at the table next to you) and it's hard sometimes to get to eat!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's amazing how a DSNG or seeing two infant seats makes people act like they've never seen a set of twins before.  My former boss who has 18y old fraternal girls told me "wait until you take them out - the first time we went to Walmart, it was like we had puppies with us or something because everyone was interested."  She got that right, 100%. 

We've only taken the babies a very few places, but on MLK day, the weather was nice and warm, so my mom and I took them to the mall.   I felt like a sideshow - people would turn their heads as we walked by, like I was a freak of some sort.  The week before I had lunch with another MoM from my local group at a restaurant - I had my DSNG and she had her QuattroTour - 2 sets of twins in one location brings exactly as many stupid comments as you would imagine.  "Gee is this a twins club?"  "Do you know each other?"  "Boys or girls?" (Important to note that her infant seats are very girly and I've got a pink one and a blue one so it's not hard to tell at all)

I am so looking forward to getting a stroller that is not the DSNG because I feel like it draws more attention than a side by side or smaller tandem would.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"