Pregnant after a Loss

Am I the crazy pg teacher in the building?

So I dropped my 1st grade class off at lunch today and there is a class that sells "stuff" outside the cafe as a fundraiser. This class is selling candy, juice, slim jims, gum, and stuffed animals.  Some of the stuffed animals were $6!!!!  Everything else is $1 or more. Our school is very poor, over 90% of kids get free lunch, and all get free breakfast!    I couldn't believe it, I wanted to scream at this lady and ask why she was tryting to rip off our kids and make them spend money they don't have on garbage!  Ugghh...it made me so angry!  Of course my whole class looks at everything and wants it b/c they are kids after all.  Well that's my vent for the day.  Thanks for listening!

Re: Am I the crazy pg teacher in the building?

• That's BS!  I would have been pissed too!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You are not crazy, that's crap!!!

When our school book fair comes I will not let my students by anything but books, unless they have a note from their parents. Same situation. Why are we trying to sell these kids crappy posters and glitter pens that break in two days, instead of just good solid books???

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Not crazy at all. A truly crazy pregnant lady would have paid up for slim jims and cookies! ;-)
  • Ridiculous.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Every night I prayed for you. Then when you were in my belly, I prayed harder. Now that you're in my arms, I pray even harder.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"