March 2011 Moms

Dry Skin!!!! OUCH

My skin is soooo dry on my hands, that my knuckles are cracking and itchy!!  I just put cream on them, but the cream at work is scented and now they just burn!! OUCH!!!!

Damn Winter!

Re: Dry Skin!!!! OUCH

• Agreed.  I lotioned my whole body after a shower last night... and I was still dry and itchy!  Winter can be gone anytime... 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah... my belly is starting to get pointy, and every time I bend I can feel my skin under my belly button pulling. I thought I was going to avoid stretch marks, but I can tell they are coming soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • My skin is so dry too.  My elbows, backs of my arm pits, and outside of my thighs are so dry, it looks scaly.....ewww.  I moisturize after every shower and have tried several different lotions/creams, but I think it is just winter skin!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I went to my dermatologist last Monday (I have eczema) to see what he recommended since the cream he'd prescribed before, my OB didn't want me using and had prescribed something lighter, but it wasn't working.

My derm really was adamant about not using medicated lotions/creams and I felt it was a waste of my time going to that appointment since all he did was recommend I use Aveeno lotion EVERYTIME after washing my hands/doing dishes etc.  He also gave me a prescription (same as the one my OB gave, but ointment instead of cream, so hopefully it would work longer before rubbing off). 

On the way home, I bought 2 regular Aveeno body lotions and one intensive relief hand cream and filled the prescription as well.  I put one tube of the regular cream at each of my bathroom sinks and the smaller intensive one in my purse (since the soap at work is super drying) and I have been religiously applying.  He said the trick is to apply the lotion within 1 MINUTE of washing. 

I have been dealing with eczema for 15 years and this is honestly the BEST my skin has ever been in the winter, and such an easy fix!!!  I feel kinda dumb actually - but thought I'd pass on that info to you, so hopefully you can get some relief as well!!  I haven't had to use the prescription ointment at all!!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LO has eczema and we use the Aveeno Baby soothing relief cream on him.  Well, after putting it on him, I notice my hands feel amazing and I have since started to use it myself!

The folks at target think I am strange when I am picking up 10 tubes of baby cream at once, but oh well!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am with you.  A few weeks ago in a desperate attempt I bought a bottle of baby oil and poured in on myself post shower... it was great for the evening I basically was a greased turkey in my bathrobe... not so practical for working or wearing clothes though.  It did feel good for a few hours.  I have tried dozens of lotions, face creams, defoliators, vitamin e, jojoba, you name it... I have just decided I am meant to be a dry flaky mess this winter.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"