Multiples

Baby bottles

Hello everyone!  I've been checking out posts off and on for quite some time and figured I would go ahead introduce myself. : ) I'm due April 15th and I'm having boy and girl twins.  I plan on breastfeeding the babies as well as expressing milk with the possibility of supplementing with formula if necessary.  I want to get them used to the breast and bottle since I will be going back to work a couple months after they are born.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a good bottle?  I'm hoping to minimize nipple confusion as much as possible. 

Thanks!

Re: Baby bottles

• Dr Brown's...get the dishwasher baskets and formula pitchers as well (bottle warmer if you can but it's pricey), they make life a lot easier.  Just a suggestion, don't buy many 4 oz. bottles because they won't use them for long.  The 8 oz bottles are much more feasible. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Medela bottles! I also have the medela breast pump which I can pump into the bottles directly without making any mess or transferring milk to another bottle or container, pump, close bottle and freeze. I also got the plastic baggies for storage as well. I love the medela bottles, we have tried everything else under the sun and didn't like it. And although some people like dr. Brown's it's a PITA to wash them and it takes forever to put them together and it's like a whole project it's annoying.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Medela bottles are awesome! We used them but then we had reflux issues and switched to dr browns...they are a pain to wash and put together but you get so used to it, it's really not that big of a deal..if you don't have to deal with gas and constant spit up I would def stick with the medela!
  • thank you everybody!  I'm curious, were you able to successfully breast and bottle feed at the same time? 
  • I used BreastFlow bottles by The First Years. It simulates the compression suction action of nursing. I breastfed my first for 14 months. She began taking the bottle at about 4 weeks to get her used to it before I went back to work at 8 weeks. She had no problems with nipple confusion.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"