Northern California Babies
Options

Imaginary Friends? Share.

Conveniently my son has named his imaginary friends Granma & Granpa, which makes it especially difficult to tell if he's speaking of his blood relation or not.  I don't recall having one myself, but do know it's a coping mechanism and a very common milestone for a lot of kids.

Anyone else?  What are the names your kids have given to their I.F.'s?  Any comical misadventures?

DC very proudly shared that his Granpa took him fishing on a boat and caught a swordfish.

Both of them have more than once changed our rules in DC's favor at one time or another.  I asked DC if he could tell them that it's not nice to change Mommy & Daddy's rules, because we make rules to keep him safe.

Once I figured out that these Gran-parents must be imaginary, I asked DC if I had ever met them to which he responded with a great deal of attitude, "Noooo!" Like that answer should have been very obvious to me in the first place.

Re: Imaginary Friends? Share.

• Options
    I'm not at that stage at the moment, but I will share that my imaginary friends were The Beatles when I was little. Ringo was a troublemaker (and my favorite Beatle).
  • Options

My little cousin (16 now...sniff...) had an imaginary friend named Coggy when she was little (I want to say age 3/4).  OMGoodness, I hope my kids have imaginary friends...that was the funnest thing ever.  I used to always act like Coggy was calling on the fake phone b/c nothing was funnier or sweeter or more awesome to me in the world than seeing her sweet little imagination in action.

So cute!!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When my sister was little, her imaginary friends were from the cast of TJ Hooker.  We'd be walking along and she'd suddenly stop and turn around and start yelling "Stop it, TJ!"  Makes me laugh to remember that. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My friends growing up were Bajo and Jajo.  I remember feeling very comforted by them.
  • Options
    My DD doesn't but I did. Her name was Kylie and she was naughty:) Always doing trouble-maker things which I explained to my parents I told her not to do but she just wouldn't listen. 
  • Options

Obviously not at that stage yet, but I had two imaginary friends when I was around 3 or 4. Their names were Alalea and Piso. Weird right? I have no idea... I remember when they arrived. I was staring out the front window when a car drove up and I told my mom my friends were there. We played together and they were just fun.

Funny story: When I was about 3 years old I begged my mom to get my ears pierced. She finally gave in and took me to the mall. In those days they didn't do both ears at once like they do now. After they did my first ear I screamed and cried and had to be taken out of the store. I told my mom I didn't want the other one done. Eventually she convinced me I had to get the other one done too. On the way home I was so mad I told her that Alalea and Piso were dead. When she asked how they died I told her she ran over them with the car. After a while I felt bad so I told her she didn't hit them a giraffe did. Still not feeling good I told her that they actually weren't dead, but were in the hospital. By the time we were home my whole story had changed and my imaginary friends were fine.

• Options

My imaginary friend as a kid was Jesus. And I used to call him on the phone.

DS has a pretend boy who is his friend. His name is Charlie Kingsley.  DS likes to bathe him, and tell him not to do things in a very stern voice.  It makes me laugh so hard I cry.  And then I worry about who might talk to him that sternly in real life (is it me??).

• Options
    Owen has two imaginary dogs, Sharky and Tansy.  He's had them for at least a year now!  Sometimes I have to open the back of car to let them out to come the park with us. Smile
  • Options

That's so confusing that his 'friends' are Granma & Granpa! 

Ty's friend doesn't have a name. We've asked, but he says that he doesn't have a name. Apparently, his friend can drive, lives in the mountains (but also lives at this house at a nearby busy corner), can also drive a train and do other amazing things. I can't wait to meet his friend one day. :) 

• Options
    The Granma, Granpa monikers are VERY confusing until we realize that the story is too fantastical to be the real deal.  LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"