August 2011 Moms

When do they doppler?

So I've had 2 OB appts so far, both of which I had ultrasounds. My next appt will be at 14 weeks and the dr said no u/s this time. They're gonna just check everything out...? Don't really know what to expect! Will they use a doppler to try to hear a heartbeat? Just curious if anyone knows. Thanks!

Re: When do they doppler?

• You can always ask them to.  They didn't at my very first visit when I was just confirming the pregnancy.  Then the next appointment was just my ultrasound to get a due date.  The last appointment I had was my 1st real OB appointment.  The doctor did all my regular physical stuff then she let me listen to the doppler.  It was SOOOO exciting.  I can't wait to hear again because it makes the m/s, heartburn and fatigue not seem so bad.
  • Yep.  I haven't had a u/s yet, just doppler at 9.5 weeks. 

I am sure that's what they will be looking for.  I think it should be much more likely for doc to find it at 14 weeks.  :o) Good luck!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My dr used the doppler when I was just over 11 weeks - at my next appt 16 weeks they will just use the doppler and measure me. I think it's only supposed to last 15 minutes for the whole appointment!
  • My OB uses the doppler at every visit. 
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • used a doppler @ my appt today. =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow our journey here: Isabella's Special Heart.... BLOG: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/IsabellaSanchez ****** Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I went today ( 14 weeks) and they used the doppler for the first time. It was really neat to finally hear the heartbeat.  The doctor kept it on for a minute so I could just sit and listen.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagelovelymissautumn:

So I've had 2 OB appts so far, both of which I had ultrasounds. My next appt will be at 14 weeks and the dr said no u/s this time. They're gonna just check everything out...? Don't really know what to expect! Will they use a doppler to try to hear a heartbeat? Just curious if anyone knows. Thanks!

Usually by 12 weeks they should be able to pick up the heartbeat with a doppler. I assume they will weigh you, have you pee in a cup, do your BP and listen to baby's heartbeat. I can't remember when they start measuring your belly...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I went yesterday at just over 13 weeks and my doc used the doppler for the first time. It was so exciting! She struggled a little bit to find it (not surprised, my little nugget was moving all over the place at my u/s the week before) But she finally found it and it was beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"