Minnesota Babies

Northern 'burbs OB-GYN?

Hello! 

I had my second (1st was on Friday) BFP this morning! This is my first, and my DH & I are thrilled!

I moved to Shoreview about a year ago & haven't had to worry about finding an OB-GYN in the area (I was trekking out to my regular Dr. where I moved from for my yearly exams).

Can anyone recommend anyone in the general area? My health insurance is pretty expansive as far as a network, so hopefully that shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks! :) 

Re: Northern 'burbs OB-GYN?

• I delivered both my girls at St John's Hospital in Maplewood and loved it there! I used a Family Practice doctor at the HealthEast Vadnais Heights Clinic. Several there do prenatal care and their own deliveries plus also remain your doctor and the babies doctor after the delivery. I saw Dr D and Dr Pearson (harder to get in with) for my pregnancies/deliveries and have also met and liked Dr Wegner. Dr D loves OB and is great with kids.

If you're more comfortable with an OB, Metro OB GYN in Maplewood (attached to St John's) is awesome, especially Dr English.

Wife to an amazing man and mom to three darling girls!
  • I went to Generations Womens Health in Shoreview and would recommend them.  There are 3 midwives there and one of them delivered my dd but there is also a wonderful OB/GYN Dr there-  Dr. Laura France -and she assisted with my delivery. I believe she delivers all of her patients babies. The clinic has a very small personal feeling and the nurse, Joanie, who does bloodwork, before appt visits, etc is absolutely wonderful.  I delivered at St. Johns and loved it there. I didn't have an issue with insurance. We originally had UHC and then switched to my husband's BCBS plan mid-way through and they took both plans. https://www.generations-whc.com/

Photo taken at 16 months old
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • my sister uses Adefris and Toppin in Woodbury and really loves them. They deliver at Woodwinds. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations!  I see Lisa Mattson with Allina Fridley OBGYN out of Unity Hospital.  I had a rough pregnancy and she was wonderful the whole way through.
    When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. - Harry, "When Harry Met Sally" Planning Bio
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"