Our weekend away — The Bump
Atlanta Babies

Our weekend away

This past weekend was the 8th annual "Cabin Fever" weekend that we do with our college friends every year.  There is a group of 14 of us who go up to the mountains, rent a cabin, and just chill out, drink, eat, and play games.  It is my favorite weekend of the year and I was really worried that we wouldn't be able to participate since we would have a new baby.

Well, from the day she was born, I have been pumping to build up my stash for this weekend. DH's folks were thrilled to be able to keep her, I was SO mentally ready for it, but DH was initially not, he didn't want to leave her.  I finally had a heart-to-heart with him about how I *needed* this time away.  That I had been responsible for another human being for over a year and I needed a weekend where I could eat whatever I want, drink whatever I want, sleep as long as I want, be irresponsible, etc. He finally agreed and we went - it was SO GREAT!!!!

Not gonna lie, when we had to leave her at her grandparents, I had a moment of total sadness to leave her. But once we got on the road we were fine.  And while we missed her, it was exactly what we both needed.  DH slept until 2 in the afternoon on Saturday!

Anyway, it was wonderful and I would definitely recommend to anyone who is thinking about getting away but worried about leaving their LO to give it a try, it's not nearly as bad as you anticipate! 

Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

Re: Our weekend away

• So glad you were able to get away!!  Sounds like a fantastic weekend.  Did you pump the whole time to keep up your supply?  Just curious, I was not successful with that the one time I tried it (but to be honest, I didn't try TOO hard since DS was 10 months old at the time, so we just weaned). 
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I pumped the whole time.  It was a bit of a PITA but it seems to have worked.  I tried to pump every 3 hours during the day, then right before bed and as soon as I woke up.
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree.  It is so important for mom and dad to take those weekend getaways!  It's hard to leave the LO, but important and ultimately good for everyone!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards