Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

1'st pregnancy, 1'st miscarriage

I found out I was pregnant this past Friday (01/28/11) and today (Monday 01/31/11) I miscarried. I am swarmed with a lot of different emotions right now but I'm feeling a tiny bit more optomistic after talking to my doctor today. They did an U/S and a bunch of blood work. I go back this coming Wednesday for another apt. I was only 4 weeks and 1 day so a DNC isn't needed but they do have to check to make sure my levels are decreasing and give me a shot of some kind of medicine to keep my body from forming antibodies against the foreign substances. I am very upset but realize this happens to 1 in 5 pregnancies. My husband and I got pregnant fairly easy, so I am grateful in that sense but hoping the same is true for us in the future. I still have a lot of pregnancy symptoms which remind me my little baby isn't growing ... and it hurts emotionally to realize that each time I look at my breasts or smell something that makes me queasy. It got out that we were expecting so a lot of people are going to be asking me questions that I simply don't want to answer. Its not that I don't want to "deal" with it ... I just hate explaining myself 500 times. I don't know ... any suggestions on how to deal with this??

Re: 1'st pregnancy, 1'st miscarriage

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.  I agree with the PP that said maybe DH can explain to the people who you told about the pregnancy so you don't have to do it.  M/C is diff for the hubbies... but not in the same way as it is for the Mama's....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker Blinkies, Glitter Graphics & more" BFP #1 12/26/06 DS born 08/08/07 BFP #2 12/16/10 EDD 08/23/11 Missed M/C ~7weeks D&C 02/04/11 BFP #3 3/11/11 4/1/10 heard HB 149!!! EDD is 11/17/11
  • Options
    I think these PP said everything I was going to.  I just wanted to let you know that I so sorry for you loss! ~Big Hugs~  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i am so sorry you're going through this.  Reading your post reminded me of all the feelings I went through just a couple of weeks ago.  Its so frustrating to feel pregnant and then to lose that feeling so suddenly followed by bleeding.  I remember having that spotting and then panicking to take a pregnancy test just to make sure I was still pregnant - only to see that the pink line had disappeared.  I think its not something any of us are supposed to know how to process.  I think we just need to let ourselves grieve the loss for as long as we need and hope that things turn out differently next time. 
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your lose.This is how it happened for us too. we found out on a Thursday, then the following Thursday were told it wouldn't make it. I mc's 2 days later. I lost my symtoms too, but I was just queasy and peeing alot. Regardless of how quickly we all went through it,it still sucks and just knowing that I was pg was so emotional and wonderful, and to have that feeling crushed by *** hope just killed me. I'm thinking of you and big hug!!!
    "You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
    Married October 16th, 2010
    TTC #1 since October 2010
    1st BFP 1-12-11
    MC'd 1-22-11
    2nd BFP 2-15-11
    Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Labor Buddy to **MRS.ATCH** Welcome Quinn 11-5-11**
This discussion has been closed.