Alabama Babies

My H is getting an epidural tomorrow....

He has to go to the Surgery Center of Hville and get an epidural steroid injection done.  HE at least gets to be sedated for the epidural.  Lucky.... haha.  If y'all don't mind, please send some T&P's that the injection goes well and that he won't be in any more pain!!  Thanks!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: My H is getting an epidural tomorrow....

• T&P's headed up for you and your H!

• Thanks Amelia!  I don't know why I'm so worried about him.  I mean, if women in labor can get an epidural WITHOUT sedation, then he should be just fine.  I'm more worried about him having to get this done, than I am about myself having to have one eventually!!
  • Loading the player...
  • awww, I'm sure he'll be fine, especially with a sweet wife to wait on him hand and foot Wink
  • Sending T & P your way!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Thanks ladies!! I just hope this steroid injection works so that he doesn't have to have surgery.  His regular family practice doc doesn't seem to think this will work.  The Neuro and Spine surgeon wants to try this before anything else.  I just want him to not hurt anymore!!  Sad
  • Rich had this done twice last year.  Hopefully, he'll feel much better afterwards.
    image imageimagePhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • T&P's sent your way :)
  • imagemrs.rlb:
    Rich had this done twice last year.  Hopefully, he'll feel much better afterwards.
    And his pain went away?  The next step, if this doesn't work, is surgery.  He REAAALLLLLLY does not want to have back surgery.
  • It didn't go away completely, but he was much more comfortable for a few weeks at least.  But Rich's pain has more to do with the nerves.  There wasn't anything they could fix with surgery.  Even if Adam has surgery, he'll probably feel much better after he recovers.

The epidural was no big deal for me and, like you said, I wasn't knocked out for it. 

image imageimagePhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The thing is, is that Adam hurt his back like a year and a half ago and the pain never really went away.  He didn't see a doctor about it until around Thanksgiving.  The neuro/spine surgeon said that he has two lower lumbar discs that are deteriorating and one of them is pinching the nerve which is causing most of the pain.  I'm just worried that even WITH surgery, that things will still continue to cause problems for him
  • Thinking of you today!  Many prayers coming your way!
  • You've got them from me - today, tomorrow, and Thrusday just for good measures! GL - May this correct any problem which he has. T & P your way.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lots of prayers!  I hope everything goes smoothly for him.
  • How is your hubby??
  • He's doing ok.  He ended up NOT going with the sedation.  He opted for only having local anesthesia so he was awake for the procedure!  What a trooper!  The doc said it could take up to 48 hours for the steroids to start working, and as of this morning, he was actually in MORE pain.  Doc said this was normal and that it would probably get worse before it gets better.  He's being a lazy bum today since he's not supposed to move around much for 24 hours.  I have to go pick up his pain meds on my way home from work, so hopefully that'll help with some of the pain. 

Thanks for all the T&Ps, guys!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"