Parenting after 35
Options

Just said goodbye to the Grandparents :(

My Mom and Dad go to Maui every year for an extended vacation. I thought last year was hard! This year was even worse. Sydney didn't shed a tear (she has no clue) but I cried when they said goodbye to her. We will be Skyping every day, but I am still sad. I LOVE to see my parents interact with her. Plus, I am really going to miss the help. I probably don't even realize how much yet.

Edited to say that my Dad goes for six weeks and my Mom stays for eight (yes, eight!) weeks.

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Just said goodbye to the Grandparents :(

• Options

Holy cow that's a long time. DH's parents go to Maui every January for a month. I wanted to skype with them but they aren't technologically inclined so we didn't do it.  I've been showing Rachel their picture everyday so she remembers who they are.  She gets soooo excited and talks to the picture (who knows what she is saying though). They are due back Saturday and have already called to schedule a playdate for Sunday.

Hopefully we'll be as lucky as they are when we are retired.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

:(

how sad is it that even with their trip, you probably see your parents more than we see ours who live 20 minutes away (in laws), 40 mins away (dad), 90 mins away (mom)?!

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maui sounds awesome, though.  :)
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"