Eco-Friendly Family

What's for lunch & dinner?

Curious.  We need to expand our recipes.

I'm having leftover soup today for lunch.  Mmmmm....  really basic, but delish - cheese tortellini and kale in a chicken broth.  Delish.  Recipes like that always make me wonder when exactly things are 'healthy' or not.  I know the kale is great, and I used reduced sodium broth, but the cheese tortellini aren't really helping it in that sense - although I now have nicknamed them little pillows of heaven.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What's for lunch & dinner?

• Scrambled eggs with a side of salad here.  DD still isn't feeling well so it's gotta be quick and easy.
  • Sandwich with Wheat Thins for lunch and probably pasta for dinner.
    Mom to:
    Miles (6 year old Maine C00n mix), Boots (5 year old Lab mix), Darla (4 year old GSD/Collie mix), Frankie (1.5 year old DSH mix), Peanut (15 months old - 09/11), and Bean (arriving Feb 2013).
  • Loading the player...
  • We're being very lazy today.  Lunch is leftover chicken nuggets (homemade) and veggie straws.  Dinner will be taco soup which I've got cooking in the crock-pot.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ummm, lunch was a bag of popcorn and handful of blueberries.  The blueberries makes it better, right?

Dinner is london broil, baked potatoes and whatever veggie DH decides to add since I'll be at the OB when he's cooking dinner.

• Bacon cheeseburger and a Reeses Blast from Sonic Embarrassed
  • Lunch is leftover taco bake and something for this migraine.

Dinner is ham and beans! NOM. Perfect for all this crap weather we're supposed to be getting. I added lentils to it so I hope it doesn't suck. 

Natural M/C-> 10/21/09

2011 Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge
    Adrienne has read 16 books toward her goal of 80 books.
    hide
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Left over spaghetti from last night for lunch, and homemade pizza for dinner! Can't wait! 
  • Lunch is leftover awesome tempeh chili with a half quesadilla (lowfat cheese on whole wheat tortilla, still yummy!)

Dinner will be our version of Alton Brown's Good Eats Meatloaf, steamed/mashed cauliflauer, and roasted brussels sprouts.

• Lunch was boring- leftover homemade WW pizza.

For dinner I'm trying the PW's beef stew. I've never made stew before!  In fact, I need to get it cooking soon.  https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/01/beef-stew-with-beer-and-paprika/

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • Lunch- Soup

Dinner-  Spicy bean burritos  https://annies-eats.net/2011/01/25/spicy-bean-burritos/

• Lunch was pizza and OJ (weird combo I know). Dinner will be baked cod with sweet potatoes and broccoli.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

4 losses: Natural m/c 8w 1/11, CP 12/11, CP 3/12, and our perfectly healthy baby girl Charlotte Grace, missed M/C 5/31/12 at 8w5d
    DX: Endo, heterozygous MTHFR, low progesterone
    Surprise unmedicated BFP 9/21/12!! Beta #1 9/22 (10 DPO) 46 Beta #2 9/24 (12 DPO) 226! Heartbeat 136 bpm at 7w! It's a BOY!  Theodore Joshua born 5/23/13 at 7:36am via c/s, 7lb13oz, 19.25in
    TTC#2 5/14, BFP 8/15/14!  Beta #1 16 (11 DPO), Beta #2 71 (14 DPO) Beta #3 164 (16 DPO) Beta #4 633 (21 DPO) Beta #5 1487 (23 DPO) Heartbeat 121 bpm at 6w6d!  EDD 4/25/15
  • lunch - DIY frappe.... :D

dinner - I'm thinking bacon and eggs.. my kids devour eggs for dinner.. they're healthy so I like to toss them into the rotation

Check out The Eco-Friendly Family, a
    Green Living Blog
    for eco-information and fun giveaways!

• Eggplant, zucchini and roasted red peppers tossed with garlic, evoo, and parm cheese along with some out of season heirloom tomatoes with basil and fresh mozzarella and french bread.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lunch - leftover chicken parmigiana (I cut the recipe nearly in half)

Dinner - turk-wee sloppy joes. SO awesome. I usually hate sloppy joes but these are great and have veggies in them. 

• Since this thread is from yesterday, but now it's today, I'm going to span both. lol

Lunch yesterday was leftover Chinese.  Dinner yesterday was roasted cabbage & root veggies with balsamic vinegar & EVOO.

Lunch today will be soup.  Dinner tonight is enchilada casserole. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"