May 2011 Moms

Those who took the GT test in the morning?

What did you eat for breakfast since you can't eat carbs and etc?

TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Those who took the GT test in the morning?

• I'm assuming you heard the no-carbs thing from your doctor? If not, you really need to just eat normally. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• It's a non fasting test. My doctor recommended I eat more protein than carbs.

I went with a scrambled egg with cheese :)

I have to take the test again Friday, so I'll probably have something similar. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • I doubt I'll have time to eat before I take the test.  My appointment is at 8:30am that's already pushing it for me to get my son ready and get out the door.  If I do eat something, it will likely be a protein bar.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Same thing I ate for breakfast every morning--eggs.
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • My doctor told me to eat normally. I had Raisin Bran.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My doc's instructions are to eat a light breakfast but avoiding sugary foods like donuts, cinnamon buns, sugary cereals, etc. Bagels, eggs, cheese, toast (no jelly), etc. are all examples they gave me for what to eat.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My doctor didn't seem too concerned about it. All she said was not to eat heavy sugar items. So I ate cherrios.
  • My doctor said I don't have to fast.  I can eat scrambled eggs, cheese and even wheat toast the morning of, and come in to do my test between 8-10am.

ETA: My doctor just said no super-sugary items like juice or jelly with my breakfast. 

imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had oatmeal an hour before I went in. I passed. I think people are far too worried about this test.
  • My doc told me to fast, and so did a lot of other peoples docs I know.  Really it is important to defer to what your doc told you.  I have my test at 7:30, so I am not really fasting, cause who eats from midnight to 7:30 anyway?
  • My Dr. told me to eat normally for the 1-hour test, just nothing sugary, so I had a homemade mcmuffin (poached egg/turkey sausage/cheese/english muffin). I had the orange drink and I didn't think it was that bad at all. They had it there for me and it was super cold (so cold there was a chunk of ice in it). I think that made it a lot more bearable and it just tasted like orange hawaiian punch. I still have m/s so I was really worried about it making me sick. They said if I need the 3-hr test I will have to fast for 8 hours beforehand.

• Mine's tomorrow morning and I was told to stay away from sugar and carbs and to have a protein filled breakfast, so I'm having eggs!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Mine is tomorrow morning also..my dr told me to eat like toast with butter
    Proud Marine Wife and soon to be mommy to a princess!
  • imagesnoopy5512:
    My doc told me to fast, and so did a lot of other peoples docs I know.  Really it is important to defer to what your doc told you.  I have my test at 7:30, so I am not really fasting, cause who eats from midnight to 7:30 anyway?

I was also told not to eat after midnight the night before--so I'll be fasting. 

• I was told to fast so I scheduled my test for 8am. I usually don't eat breakfast until 9:30 so that part was painless.
  • imagetokenhoser:
    I had oatmeal an hour before I went in. I passed. I think people are far too worried about this test.

I agree.

• my husband made me an omelet. You will want to eat something because that sugar gives you a rush, but something more protein based is best. nothing with more sugar, like muffins or cinnamon rolls. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"