Northern California Babies

So DH forgot MIL's bday

And not just like forgot- it was over a week ago.  *I* realized that he/we forgot on Saturday and he still hasn't called her. 

On one hand the mean spiteful side of me says "That's what happens when you treat your children badly"  but the other nice side of me feels bad about it- if my boys forgot my birthday I would be beside myself (but, as we've already established, I am a holiday person, DH's fam is not like that).

Plus, whenever I start to feel bad for them/her it always, and I mean always, comes back to bite me.

We have had no contact with them after the whole "note" exchange over the Christmas card thing, but I know that doesn't have anything to do with it, because DH hardly even knew about that.  Here's how the convo went down:

Me- Did you forget your mother's birthday... again?!?

DH-  Oh God, I always think it's in February!

Me- That's bad.  You need to call her.

DH- Man, I can't ever remember- January 26!

Me- Um, her birthday is January 23rd.

DH- Oh, whatever.  *goes on about his day* 

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: So DH forgot MIL's bday

• Sounds like our situation with DH's mom. DH would have reacted the same. Lol.
  • My brother's have forgotten my mother's birthday over the years and it wounds her deeply.  It makes me so sad.  I hope my son never forgets me!

But it isn't your issue or your fault.  It's his issue with her.  And no one can make you feel guilty about it if you don't let them.

• Loading the player...
  • Ehh not your problem.  DH vary, rarely acknowleges his mother's birthday and in the beginning of our relationship i made a big deal about it, made sure he got her a nice gift and card.  Where did that get me?  The women thinks I'm the devil and never once connected the dots that me on the scene= sudden, awesome birthday gifts  :::sigh::::  I don't even bother to say anything anymore.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"