Breastfeeding

new nanny, won't take the bottle

Hello,

I don't really post here, but I am in dyer need of help! We just started with our new nanny. She brings her 11mo daughter with while watching my 3 mo. She is still nursing her daughter. I am pumping while at work and she is giving him bottles, or at least trying too. he isn't taking them well AT ALL. He will drink 1 ounce and then be done. Problem with that is that he is up ALL night nursing. I am EXHAUSTED! I think he doesn't want to take the bottle from her b/c he can smell her milk and expects her to nurse him. What do I do?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: new nanny, won't take the bottle

• was he getting many bottles before this and doing ok with them? What happens if YOU give him a bottle? I would try bottle feeding him yourself and if he takes it, then at least you know it's not because he is expecting to be BF.  Maybe he is distracted by the other kid there? Mine will eat a lot less if there are any distractions in the room. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When our new nanny started DS decided to stop taking a bottle all of a sudden. He'd been taking it fine with our previous childcare (MIL). It was stressful, but only lasted a few days. I had to come home a few times to feed in the middle of the day. The nanny was persistant...gently trying, but not pushing to the point he was upset. There was some reverse cycling, but it worked itself out in about a week.

• Loading the player...
  • sound like he is reverse cycling - my dd started doing the same thing for a few months and then was okay with the bottle for the sitter again.  Is there anyway you can feed him at lunch? Or right before you leave?  Just have her keep trying, not pushing, but trying and he may just prefer the boob.  If he continues you could try co-sleeping, that is how we kept our sanity because I could still sleep and she could eat.  GL Mama!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"