Breastfeeding
Options

Opinions on dad feeding baby

I ebf my 12 wk old son when we're together.  About 3 weeks ago I started back to work about 12 hours a week.  DH is having trouble keeping DS calm.  He seems to be eating okay - quite a bit, actually.  But when he has what DH calls "meltdowns," he's unable to console him.  He basically holds him and lets him CIO.  I know DS just wants to comfort nurse, but I'm not there.  I don't have this problem with him when we're together, so I'm not sure what kind of advice to give DH.  I'm not sure how - or if - I should change my routine when I'm with him in order to make it easier for DH when I'm not around.  Opinions?

Re: Opinions on dad feeding baby

• Options

Will DS take the tip of DH's pinky finger? A pacifier?

I feel your pain, my mom has been here helping and DS will not let anyone but me put him to bed once he hits a certain point. 

• Options
    sounds like a pacifier would help
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    He's REALLY iffy on a pacifier.  Somewhere around his 8 week growth spurt he stopped taking a pacifier to go to sleep.  I think I'm going to encourage dh to use his bjorn more often.  I think he sees it more as an "out and about" tool and not so much as something to help him calm down.  I also encourage him to do skin-to-skin when they're home so he'll get used to dad's smell.  I don't think guys realize how important these "small" things are to babies.  Oh well, they'll get it together one of these days...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"