Indiana Babies

::Jocelyn::

Do you have a recipe for the stew you're making today?
Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: ::Jocelyn::

• It's in a cookbook at home, but I think I can pretty much remember since I just prepared it.

This morning, I browned the stew meat for about 8 minutes in a frying pan with 1 T olive oil.

Put it in the crock pot, add 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/4 tsp. ground ginger.

Deglaze the frying pan with 1 1/2 c. water.  Once it boilied, I poured this over the spiced meat.

Then I added 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch chunks.

On top of that I threw in a handful of onions (I buy them precut and frozen) and 2 cloves of minced garlic. I set it to the lowest setting since I'll be gone all day.  The recipe said keep it on for about 3-4 hours, but I don't have a timer on my crock pot, so hopefully keeping it on low all day won't hurt.

When I get home I will add some ground rice and ground peanuts to the mixture (I think to thicken it?  Never done this before), then serve with the TJ Naan (in the frozen food section).

It was really easy.  I'll let you know tomorrow if it is any good or if I would make any changes.

• That sounds really good! It sounds like something I made recently but mine didn't have beef in it...for the life of me I can't remember if it was chicken or something else.

Thanks! I'm definitely going to try this. I LOVE food with these flavors!

Dang, I wish I had a TJs near me so I could get some of the frozen naan (and every other frozen item they have)!

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"