Indiana Babies

What kind of slow cooker do you have?

I need a new one. Mine is really old, ugly, and the lid doesn't fit snugly.

I'd LOVE one with a timer and a "keep warm" setting.

I totally asked for one for Mother's Day - how lame is that? Or I might just buy one if a BB&B coupon comes my way.

Rec yours!

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: What kind of slow cooker do you have?

• We have this one. I love it! You can set a time to cook and it has a keep warm setting.
  • I have several (is 5 too many?) But this one is my favorite of all time: Slow cooker
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Ooh cool, I'm adding that one to my wish list! Thanks! Eager to hear more ideas.
  • Mine is very similar to the ones the ladies above all have. I love it! Also, something that I could not live without...croc-pot liners!!!! They are such a God send. They are kind of pricey, but they cut clean-up time in half!!!
  • imagekellywolf88:
    Mine is very similar to the ones the ladies above all have. I love it! Also, something that I could not live without...croc-pot liners!!!! They are such a God send. They are kind of pricey, but they cut clean-up time in half!!!

I've used the liners before but to be honest, I'm not really comfortable heating up plastic like that. With all that we know now about plastics, something about it just seems wrong.

Isn't it weird how I'm totally laid back about some stuff, but totally paranoid about other things? I annoy myself sometimes.

• imageBride7-14-07:
    We have this one. I love it! You can set a time to cook and it has a keep warm setting.

Ditto. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have 3 in different sizes (regular, large and a little dipper), but none of them have a timer on them and only one has a 'keep warm' setting.  Maybe I need some new ones too.  Ha!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekellywolf88:
    Mine is very similar to the ones the ladies above all have. I love it! Also, something that I could not live without...croc-pot liners!!!! They are such a God send. They are kind of pricey, but they cut clean-up time in half!!!

i just spray a little pam on mine. 

and i will have to say, i want a slow cooker like the one you all have posted, mostly because i want one with a timer.

• imagegizmo909:

imageBride7-14-07:
    We have this one. I love it! You can set a time to cook and it has a keep warm setting.

Ditto. 

Ditto here too.  Got it for Christmas and love it!

image Laura & Jason Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecrabapple:

imagekellywolf88:

i just spray a little pam on mine. 

and i will have to say, i want a slow cooker like the one you all have posted, mostly because i want one with a timer.

Pam works for me too :)

• I don't know what brand ours is.  I always call it a "crock pot" but it's not. 

I also covet the timer and warm setting.  My co-worker also has one that has a carrying case, which is great if you ever travel with one.  She had split pea soup spill all over her car before she invested in the new one with the case.

• imageBride7-14-07:

this is what I have and have used it for 3+ years with no problem.  I figure I'm using it 2times a week during the winter, it's not a gift but a necessity.

• I have this one.  I give it a "meh".  It works, but I rarely use it when I'm gone with chicken or something that cooks quickly.  It has to be full to not over cook.  For just the 2 1/2 of us, chicken seems to over cook really quickly.  I cook most things on low because I just don't fill it enough to warrant a "high" setting.  I made red beans in it and it required to be on "high" for a little while then on low.  It worked great, but I was home watching it because I was nervous.  It has a timer on it (mine didn't come with the roasting rack) but I have never used it.  I am jealous of the Hamilton Beach one because of the latching handles. 

Also, my mom has this one, which is a cool concept to me, but not sure how well it works.  The biggest bowl seems to sit about the base really far.  Doesn't seem like it would cook evenly or efficiently, but it would be nice for a small family (just her and my dad) to be able to use the smaller crock.

• imagesntaggart:

I have this one.  I give it a "meh".  It works, but I rarely use it when I'm gone with chicken or something that cooks quickly.  It has to be full to not over cook.  For just the 2 1/2 of us, chicken seems to over cook really quickly.  I cook most things on low because I just don't fill it enough to warrant a "high" setting.  I made red beans in it and it required to be on "high" for a little while then on low.  It worked great, but I was home watching it because I was nervous.  It has a timer on it (mine didn't come with the roasting rack) but I have never used it.  I am jealous of the Hamilton Beach one because of the latching handles. 

I also have the one Somer has and I'm not a huge fan.  It does have to be completely full or everything will burn.  

• imageBride7-14-07:

I have this one as well. Love it, just got it for Christmas.

~Micah and Danae 6-17-06~
    ~GRACIE JEAN 7-5-08~

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Done and done. I'm totally getting that Hamilton Beach one - it has everything I want and looks pretty nice.

Dear Husband,

Please purchase the aforementioned slow cooker for me for an early Mother's Day gift or for V-Day. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I really want it. 

Love,
    Your Domestic Goddess

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"