Washington Babies

Is it irrational?

...that I'm sitting here getting all stressed that I will need to be away from my child for 15 HOURS in 18 days?  I have to fly down to SF for the day for work.  I haven't been away from him for longer than 3 hours since he was born. 

I'm trying to convince DH to fly down with me so I can nurse him during breaks in my meetings, since the flight is so cheap.  So far, no dice.  :(

I'm going to make an AWESOME big brother.

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Is it irrational?

• It's scary the first time but it'll be good for both you and your baby!  You can do it!!!  Can you Skype on your breaks, just to see that he's okay?  Which of course, he will be.  :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Aw bummer DH won't go with you!! Do you have a friend or relative who would be willing to go to watch DS (perhaps at your cost) plus dinner on you? You'd be spending that much anyway if DH went. I don't think it's irrational, I think it's natural to feel that way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • The hardest part is leaving, and then once you are on your way you will feel FREE!!! Enjoy the break!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageblueLu25:
    The hardest part is leaving, and then once you are on your way you will feel FREE!!! Enjoy the break!

I agree! And you won't believe how happy you'll be to see him when you get home! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm just terrified he won't eat or sleep.  Sometimes he gets on a tear, and screams at DH until I go in.  I don't want him wondering where I am, and why his mommy has abandoned him... for all he knows, permanently.  :( 

I'd love to have a friend or family member come down for the day, and I bet they'd love exploring SF.  I'll be staying right downtown, so they could take DS to the wharf, shopping etc.  Alas, no family here, and the nanny has school that night.  Any takers?  ;) 

Pregnancy Ticker

• imagekristalovesjared:

imageblueLu25:
    The hardest part is leaving, and then once you are on your way you will feel FREE!!! Enjoy the break!

I agree! And you won't believe how happy you'll be to see him when you get home! 

And I bet there will be some rough times, but overall he may just surprise you both!  If DH is forced to step up and handle it knowing you can't save him, it might change how he handles stuff.

Good luck!

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekaskade:
    imagekristalovesjared:

imageblueLu25:

And I bet there will be some rough times, but overall he may just surprise you both!  If DH is forced to step up and handle it knowing you can't save him, it might change how he handles stuff.

Good luck!

I agree with this, and with Leanne, I bet the anticipation is the worst part, it always is for me.

Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Not at all.  When I went back to work I was sometimes away from B for 11 hours thanks to my commute.  The anticipation really was the worst part, but I bet Issac and your DH will do great.
  • Not irrational. Well at least not uncommon. :) I've been stressing for weeks about leaving Cooper for an evening with my best friend. Like you I'm worried that he will just cry the whole time and think I'm not coming back. But our BCC class teacher said this "he might be sad. It's ok to be sad. He will be safe and will be with someone who loves him and will take good care of him.
  • imageSeattle_JiLLn:
    sad. It's ok to be sad. He will be safe and will be with someone who loves him and will take good care of him.

Awww... 

Thanks everyone.  It'll be hard to wrap my head around, but I know I'm not the only one who has had to go through this, and I'm luckier than most.  But yes, anticipation sucks. 

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"