Pregnant after a Loss

Finally told my sister...

My sister is 15 and has Downs and we decided to wait to tell her until it was a little more "obvious" that I was pregnant or until she noticed. DH and I have been excited to tell her, thinking she would be very excited, but we decided to wait for a few reasons 1) I wasn't sure how to explain a loss to her if that happened 2) she tends to obess about things and I didn't want her telling people before we were ready to tell 3) like I said before she obesses over things (her birthday, Christmas, dogs) so we thought she might just not stop talking about it.

Anyway, she came over on Friday since we had a snow day and both my parents had to work. When DH got home he asked if she said anything, now that I have a noticable bump, but she hadn't. So we decided to tell her and it was a bit disappointing... when we asked if she wanted to be an "aunt" she said "No!" But I think maybe she didn't understand what we meant. She just didn't seem as excited as we thought she would be.

Luckily, my mom called today and asked if we told her. We didn't tell my parents, so we could see if she said anything unprompted. Apparently, she did go home and talk about it. She told them we were having a girl, which is funny because she told us she wanted a boy. She also told my dad that it happened because DH and I held hands!! lol

Anyway, sorry for the long story... I just thought it was a funny story to share!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP#1 missed mc on 7/14/10 at 10 weeks

Re: Finally told my sister...

• Aw that is so nice. 
    6/14/10 BFP; 6/30/10 Dx ectopic
    11/16/10 BFP #2; DD born 7/26/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • How exciting to share! And sweet that she's talking about it unprompted.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Loading the player...
  • So cute about the holding hands.  I'm glad she's excited now; she probably needed time to process it.  I'm sure she's going to love every minute of it.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Every night I prayed for you. Then when you were in my belly, I prayed harder. Now that you're in my arms, I pray even harder.
  • She will be a great Aunt, she just doesn't know it yet!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ::Lurking::

That's so cute.  My BFF's oldest is 11 and has Down Syndrome.  She says the dardest things too.

Hopefully she will get excited about being an aunt soon.  She's gonna be the best aunt ever!!!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

1st pregnancy: BFP- 6/28/09 - Found out we lost our little girl on 10/9/09 at 19w 4d - D&E- 10/14/09

June 2010, corrective surgery for Septate Uterus and large fibroids

2nd pregnancy: BFP- 10/18/10 - Slow rising, non-doubling HCGs, no heart beat. Non-viable pregnancy, D&C- 11/12/10

Started Metformin 6/30/11, Started Clomid 7/20/11 - Unsuccessful

HSG and Laparoscopic surgery revealed blocked tubes and lots of scar tissue...IVF here we come!!!

Surprise BFP naturally!!! IT'S A BOY!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"