High-Risk Pregnancy

Progesterone suppositories after cerclage.

I had my cerclage surgery almost 3 weeks ago.  At the 16 weeks I was told to start the suppositories again.  I started them yesterday once in the morning and once and night and have off and on bleeding today when I wipe.  It was enough to freak me out so I text my dr who said they are most likely from the suppositories.  I was on them before I got pregnant and was on them until I was 13 weeks.  I stopped until after the surgery.  My experience with them during that time was they did in fact make me spot/bleed from irritation and would make me a crazy person.  So i knew to expect bleeding/spotting again.  I'm just wondering if they would be more irritating now with the cerclage in place.  Does anyone have experience with this?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Progesterone suppositories after cerclage.

• i was on them too until 13wks when i got my cerclage.  then my dr started me on the p17 shot at 16 weeks.  i never spotted on them prior...but she did mention a possible "sensitivity" issue post sugery so she wanted me on the shots instead.  i did start the supps again at 22 weeks when she discovered recent shortening in my cervix.

so i say all that to say that yes...if you spotted on them before i would guess you'd probably spot on them after the cerclage.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"