Working Moms

Black Swan?

Anyone watch Black Swan? Natalie Portman is one of my favorite actresses but not sure I could watch it. It looks disturbing and I'm not really one for scary movies. But kind of curious since it's been nominating for the Oscars.

Re: Black Swan?

• I really really liked it! But i did see it with a co-worker who said it was too disturbing and she wished she hadn't seen it. I guess it depends on the person but i do recommend it.
    2007 BFP#1 MMC 12w; 2008 BFP#2 DS1; 2010 BFP#3 DS2; 2011 TTC; 2013 Pursuing DIA
  • I went and watched parts of it - some parts were just too creepy/gruesome and I had to turn my head.  It's a very well-acted, well-cast, beautifully photographed film that I just hated.

• Loading the player...
  • I found it pretty scary/disturbing.  I have a low tolerance for scary movies though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It definitely made me flinch!  I thought it was amazing though.  When you think about it, she plays four distinct characters: the nice girl dancer, the crazy one, the white swan and the black swan.   Best movie I've seen in a long time.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• I loved it! I can handle scary movies pretty well, though, and there are definitely some very visually disturbing scenes. Also, I am a big fan of Natalie Portman, but this role isn't like anything else I've seen her in.
  • Creepy and amazing! Watch it! You will love it!
  • imageMadison830:
    I really want to see it - I do fine with creepy/disturbing/etc... but not gory/gruesome. Will I like it?

I wouldn't describe it as gory or gruesome, so it should be fine.

• imageBalancingJane:

imageMadison830:
    I really want to see it - I do fine with creepy/disturbing/etc... but not gory/gruesome. Will I like it?

I wouldn't describe it as gory or gruesome, so it should be fine.

I thought there were parts that were definitely gory.  I wasn't expecting it at all and was actually really disappointed in the movie.

• We hadn't been to a movie in a year, but made it for this one.  We both loved it-- I'd describe it as an artsy thriller.  Definitely creepy, but I didn't really find it too scary.  It is worth a trip to the theater, a small screen wouldn't do the movie justice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"