Natural Birth

hypnobirthing

what hypnobirthing source are you using? Their are so many out there. Is it too late for me to get into it?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: hypnobirthing

• There is the website. https://www.hypnobirthing.com

The book, "Hypnobirthing, The Mongan Method", which comes with a CD which has relaxation techniques as well as what they call "birth rehearsal imagery".

Then, there is the Rainbow Relaxation CD which has 30 minutes of affirmations and 30 minutes of relaxation techniques. I listen to these online. https://www.archive.org/details/HypnoBirthing

You can also search youtube for videos of Hypnobirthing births.

I've been taking a class, but honestly, all of the resources out there are sufficient. I hate to say it, but I'm not getting anything from my class that I couldn't have gotten by properly using the resources I've already listed. :)

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• It's not too late at all :)  I had such a wonderful experience with hypnobirthing.  The links pp listed are great.  I have to say that I got a lot out of the class I took.  It's nice for the husbands to be involved and it's helpful to be able to ask questions/practice, etc.  I'm sure it just comes down to the teacher though, ours was a L & D nurse before becoming a hypno teacher so that added a lot to the class.  Well worth the money IMO.  
  • Loading the player...
  • It is definitely not too late for you to start! I started my hypnobirthing class at 34 weeks and had a wonderful labour. I follwed the same program as the PP and it was a HUGE help. I had a great Doula who taught me the techniques and I highly recommend it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm glad that others are having better experiences with their classes. We're only half way through the course, so maybe it will get better. :)

Our teacher is a doula, and she's very sweet. She just seems to get off track a lot with personal side-notes, and we so far haven't done any actual practice or rehearsal of breathing, relaxation, or deepening techniques. It's been a lot of watching videos, talking about the book, and relaying personal thoughts, feelings, and philosophies. :( 

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"